Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoozoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Title says it all really, will I lose any features by buying one in the States?

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Which 3rd party apps you referring to?

There is no netflix, and the plug needs switching over otherwise identical (I think) - I have JB'd it and have read netflix can be set up with vpn but I dont need that feature - I have Lovefilm with my PS3

zoozoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised about apps, it's the same with my iPhone.

thanks.

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
Using a US version of ATV2, works fine here in Japan.
I have accounts for JP, US, AUS, UK all work fine.

raymanster

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
UK
I bought one in the U.S. last month and brought it home to the UK. It'll work fine, all you need is an adapter for the plug. Readily available at any travel accessory shop, you can pick one up at the airport when you land.

If you use your UK iTunes account you won't see Netflix option as this is disabled for the UK. If you have U.S. account you will see Netflix but you need to conigure a router with VPN access to the U.S. to get this to work.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I bought one in the U.S. last month and brought it home to the UK. It'll work fine, all you need is an adapter for the plug. Readily available at any travel accessory shop, you can pick one up at the airport when you land.

If you use your UK iTunes account you won't see Netflix option as this is disabled for the UK. If you have U.S. account you will see Netflix but you need to conigure a router with VPN access to the U.S. to get this to work.

Is there a way to do this with an Airport Extreme?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.