Usage of iPhone battery time not correct

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borgqueenx, Oct 1, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

I have the iphone 5 for some days ow and i have the feeling the "time of usage" time is not correctly displayed.

including music, i have used the iphone about 3 hours today without charging but when i came home it said i used the iphone 4 hours and 40 minutes. Ive checked, and thats just impossible.
    I have no idea how i can get a "real" non-falsified report.

any ideas?

2. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

someone else also noticing this?

im really bothered by the fact i have to record my battery life by watching the clock and remembering the times when i have used the phone, instead of just looking at "usage time".

3. cperchard macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing every time it has to "push" something to the phone, that may take up a few seconds.....it u have loads of things constantly checking for new information, that may be why....i dunno I'm guessing!

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

You are 110% right. Just because you are not actively touching the phone, whenever the CPU is being taxed counts towards 'usage'. Check any rogue apps that might be ghost idling your CPU, or what I discovered my issue to be, rogue jailbreak stuff leftover from 5.0

You are getting a 'non-falsified' report. It just includes whenever the CPU is being used (for more than standby anyway)