USB-C dock with dual monitor support - anyone using one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heyheyash, Nov 30, 2016.

1. heyheyash macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    As part of a solution for a workplace, I'm looking for a USB-C dock which can reliably display to two monitors in extended mode. The MST solutions seem to all be hamstrung by macOS Sierra's lack of support and display in mirror mode.
    Is anyone currently using a MacBook or new MacBook Pro with two displays?

Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking station - link (Uses USB-C Alt display and DisplayLink)
    Startech USB Type-C Laptop Dock - link (Uses MST)
    CalDigit USB-C Dock - link (Uses MST)

Thanks!

2. RByers8252 macrumors regular

I use my base 13" 2016 MBP with two 1080p monitors at my desk at work. I have a thin client to login to Citrix for work but hate using it due to old Windows and speed. It uses both VGA inputs and I use the HDMI inputs for my MacBook. I've looked for docs and just can't make myself spend $150-250 for a dock at this time that may or may not work. I use the Apple USB-C to HDMI, USB-A, and USB-C Charge for one monitor and ordered this for the other one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0123PJ9BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've only used this setup for a few days now but it has been 100% reliable so far, just hate plugging both cables in everyday. I definitely plan to get a dock in the future but don't think one exist yet thats worth the money.

[​IMG]