USB-C to Display port (& USB 2, 3) adapter for DELL 4k P2715Q - suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ka-spot, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

Will I have problems with some cheap brand?

Is there a USB-C to Display port & USB 3 adapter on the market?

I'm currently using only external USB 3.0 HDDs and USB to charge my iPhone 6 (and I don't have the display at the moment).

Any suggestions for best/cheapest (good) adapter(s) ? :D

Single adapter with USB, USB 3 and display port is best option for me. Suggestions?

Is someone using Artwizz adapters with his Macbook Pro (2016) ? Eg.: https://artwizz.com/en/artwizz-usb-c-products/usb-c-high-speed-adapter-usb-a/

Thanks for reading me....... and for Your reply !

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Personally I think you'd be better off simply replacing the USB-A cables on your hard drive(s) with USB-C cables. No dongles required. Plenty of USB-C to USB-B and USB-MicroB cables available.

Can do the same with your iPhone 6 (USB-C to Lightning cable is available from Apple).

3. ka-spot thread starter macrumors 6502a

that's a nice idea! thank you! i'll check for cables in local stores.

4. matixryder macrumors member

https://store.google.com/product/usb_type_c_to_displayport_cable

5. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

I was looking for this exact solution too and with power delivery. Lots of HDMI solutions, not much DP for some reason. There used to be one from CableCreation on Amazon, then they are all "currently unavailable" status. Maybe sold out, maybe pulled, I don't know. This was definitely a dongle and I was intrigued by the possibility of carrying it when needed. I ended up getting a usb-c hub which is bigger and more flexible and comes with a power supply. That is huge because then I don't need to plug/unplug the power brick when on the go. Factor that into the higher price, if you don't want to keep using just one brick. It ends up being pretty close if you wanted a second power supply anyway. One plug docking is amazing.

6. gerwitz macrumors newbie

Old thread, but since I happened upon it I ought to share: we are very happy with the OWC USB-C dock for this purpose.