USB-C to USB-A Cable for £8.99

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by varun14, Apr 28, 2015.

1. varun14 macrumors regular

Just spotted this on the Google Store:

https://store.google.com/product/usb_type_c_to_usb_standard_a_adapter

Shows as £10.99 but when you add to basket, it's actually £8.99. I'm sure you can find it even cheaper through some Chinese reseller on eBay, but I'd rather pay for a reputable product and buying straight from the Google store and the cable being practically half the price makes it worthwhile instead of the Apple one. Sorry if this is already common knowledge.

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Yes, I posted this information earlier this evening in the "No MacBook in London Today" thread after I'd ordered one myself. Excellent value and appears to be a quality product. :)

3. paulopadopa macrumors regular

Thanks for this. I'd rather have one from a trusted source and now I'll be getting it way before I get the laptop. Nice find good sir.

4. retroboyjinny macrumors member

Thanks for the info, I ordered one this evening.

5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Monoprice has a selection of USB type-C cables available now, with more coming soon. They're good quality, inexpensive. (At least, their other cables are...)

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Agreed. And if you buy from Google and the cable frays or stops working, you're buying a new one. With Apple, you walk into the store and they swap it for a new one, no questions asked.

7. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

I purchased one from Apple last week as a work around until the AV adapter was available. My local Apple store received a few and right place right time. So I'm returning the USB cable. Today I plugged an ethernet to usb adapter into the AV and it works just fine. The adapter is a Microsoft one for my SP3, pleasantly surprised that neither the cable or my rMP burst into flames :D

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I was wondering if I should do the same or not, assuming they'll allow me to return it more than 2 weeks out (this is two weeks and a day, today) and they have it in stock.

I'm just curious if it's too cumbersome for times when you do just need to plug in USB real quick, thats where USB-C to A might come in handy.

9. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

I thought about that, now someone will post if it had more ports then this won't be an issue. I have a week to return it, I really only use USB to infrequently sync my phone and on the desk use my ethernet adapter. I want to experiment with plugging a USB hub into the adapter and just let it sit on my desk. My work at job sites and travel means I need to take a charger, had to with my rMBP. So I would need the AV whenever I go. Hmm, I need to expense another AV adapter.