USB devices are not recognized in MAC OS X, but are seen in Fusion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nedden, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Nedden macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I'm new to this community, and I'm looking for help!

My macbook pro no longer recognizes any USB devices, or my blue tooth mighty mouse. If I launch Windows XP (via VM Fusion) and connect the USB device, it is recognized and can be used.

It can't be a physical problem with the USB ports, since Windows recognizes the devices, nor can it be a power issue, for the same reason.

Any thoughts? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Nedden

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Try resetting permissions and get back to us. Sounds like a permissions issue.

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Which USB devices specifically? if its exHD's then have you changed the format? filesystem recently? second the permissions repair :)

4. Nedden thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the suggestions guys.

As far as which type of USB devices, it's any kind, flash drives, external HDD's, USB broadband etc.

I've tried looking up how to repair permissions on Leopard. I've used the disk utility, repaired disk permissions, it still didn't help.

To reset the permissions, I believe I need to boot into the install CD, and use the password reset utility? Is there another way I can reset the permissions?
    I'm not sure if I can find my install CD.

Thanks again all, much appreciated!

-Nedden

5. pwatson80 macrumors newbie

You could try a safe boot by holding shift down at start up and logging into your account, then reboot. (logging into your account is important, don't just restart at the login screen)

6. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

you could also try creating a new account and seeing if that helps you in any particular way shape or form. :)

PTP