USB Devices not working with USB C AV Adapter on MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mssrihari, Aug 20, 2017.

1. mssrihari macrumors newbie

Suddenly I cannot get to work any USB devices on my 2016 MacBook Pro with touch bar. I am using the Apple AV Adapter. I can still use the HDMI port to attach to the TV. Only the USB seems to have the problem.

None of the USB devices I connect via the AV Adapter shows up in the list of devices under the USB in the hardware list. Also I don't see the USB devices light up (seems they are not being powered on)

Please suggest trouble shooting steps and steps to recover.

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Can you test if these devices work either plugged into your MacBook another way, or plugged into another computer?

Does the charging pass through still work?

Has the adapter's firmware been updated? Verify using the steps listed here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205858.

3. mssrihari thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response, Brookzy !!

The charging pass through on the AV adapter works. And after I tried the charging pass through (USB C on the AV adapter connected to the wall charger) USB also started working. ;):)

I am unsure if its some loose connection on the USB device or the charging pass through did some magic.

Anyways, thanks for the help !!