Use both iPhone 5 and Nexus 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmac4, Feb 14, 2013.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Ok so I have the iphone 5 and I really do like it a lot, but there are some things I like about the nexus 4 as well. I have had 3 android devices before I got the iphone 5. I am thinking about buying a nexus 4 and switching sims out so I can use both. I am on AT&T so there would be no problem with networks. Has anyone done this? If you have tried this are there things that are just not practical about it? Also I know I need a sim tray, but does anyone have a suggested for which one I should get?

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

Have iPhone 5 and galaxy nexus. Bought a nano sim to micro/normal converter and it works.

I purchased the one from Amazon, just search " nano sim converter " and the icoolkit nano is the one I bought.

Confirmed that I could transfer my nano sim to a iPhone 4 (micro sim) and galaxy nexus (normal sim) using the supplied converters without any issues.

3. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yea I tried the adaptor with the iphone 5 and galaxy nexus but I broke the sim tray on the Gnex because the sim kept falling out. I thought it would work better since the adaptor I have is made for the slide out tray that the iphone 5 and nexus 4 have.

4. Akack macrumors 6502a

Ya when I use the galaxy nexus it takes a little magic and time to get the sim converter with the nano sim in it to slide in.

With I put the nano sim into the iPhone 4 or my Verizon iPad 3 it slide on with no issues.

5. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

You'll want to disable iMessage from your iPhone before removing the SIM so that Apple's servers stop receiving them from other people's iPhones and they come through as text messages to your Nexus.

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

This, just simply turn off iMessage in the settings on your iPhone 5

7. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Ok I am still very undecided about doing this cause I really have enjoyed my iphone 5. There a just those few things like: big screen (which we "may" see Apple try), widget, and that new keyboard. I do know I got my tax return back so I was think the nexus 4 may be in my future.

8. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I'm not trying to discourage you. iMessage is just something you need to take into consideration when SIM swapping.

9. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Oh yea man I completely understand. That is one of the things I was thinking before I decide if I want to spend the $350 on the nexus 4. I just don't want to have to turn iMessage on and off each time I switch phones. Thanks for the advice I was just saying I have a lot to think about.

10. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

What you'll ultimately find out is that you'll get annoyed switching Sim cards so often and eventually stick to one phone. If you have the $350 go ahead and try it out. For me, since I have unlimited texting, I had no problem disabling my iMessage.

11. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yea I have unlimited texting as well. I just like have iMessage cause I know some many people with iPhones