Use Gevey to unlock iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 and modem fireware 04.10

ggiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Help needed. I updated my iphone 4 from ios 4.3.4 to 5.0.1 with modem firmware preserved at 04.10. I tried to use the Gevey Supreme (bag is in yellow color) together with my TMobile sim to unlock the phone. But I kept getting invalid sim or no service. The welcome menu never showed up. I have to go to sim function to manually choose a language then chose accept. So far I have tried dozens of times and never got it working. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Help needed. I updated my iphone 4 from ios 4.3.4 to 5.0.1 with modem firmware preserved at 04.10. I tried to use the Gevey Supreme (bag is in yellow color) together with my TMobile sim to unlock the phone. But I kept getting invalid sim or no service. The welcome menu never showed up. I have to go to sim function to manually choose a language then chose accept. So far I have tried dozens of times and never got it working. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You might want to consider changing it to Gevey Ultra. Follow this thread and it looks like it works with Gevey Ultra + Furiousmod on 5.0.1

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1299882

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
I'd recommend getting a Gevey Ultra because apparently the Supreme is fake or whatever. All I know is that the Ultras have been working better with iOS5 than the Supremes have.