Use itunes to stream music to my ipod speakers?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by tylerdurden9, Apr 12, 2009.

1. tylerdurden9 macrumors member

Is it possible to stream music from my itunes to my ipod touch or iphone. ie. have my ipod plugged into my hi-fi or speakers and play the music from my laptop. The problem being, i like listening to music on my laptop but the sound isnt anything to rave about. Wouldnt it be great to change the music whilst working away on your laptop and have it come out of your hi-fi?

I bought a logitech squeezebox to do this and was thinking it would be quite possible for an ipod or iphone to do exactly the same thing it has everything the squeezbox does.

So I spent the last hour on google to see if it was possible, or if there was an app to facilitate it and i couldn't find anything. Im wondering if anyone here could recommend anything?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You should look into what Simplify Media offers.

For what it's worth, I used 'stream music to iPod touch' as my search criterion and I found the above website as the fifth result.

3. tylerdurden9 thread starter macrumors member

yes i have looked into simplify media, and it is not what Im looking for. Ideally what I want is an airport express set up, plugged into my speakers and control via AirTunes, but i currently cannot afford this option and feel its an unnecessary cost for what it supplies. The ipod touch is more than capable to do the same thing and my query was is there anything out there app or otherwise that harnesses this ability?

Simplify media is a nice solution to the small capacities on the current ipod touch but you cannot control what it plays via itunes.

4. Mac2Crack macrumors newbie

Mac2Crack

There is a great little app called "AirPhones". It should do exactly what you want.

5. tylerdurden9 thread starter macrumors member

YES! thats the one, the perfect solution to my problem. Great little app too. Thanks very much Mac2Crack.

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Interesting little app. I might have to take a look at that too.

7. statik13 macrumors regular

So it won't sync up with video, but how well does it keep in sync with existing Apple Airport Express units? Can you have music coming from both a AAE and from the iPod at the same time? In Sync?