Use of JPeg's in FCE4...Need Help Fast -Deadline!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sbp9731, Dec 13, 2009.

1. sbp9731 macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me with this one???

Trying to use jpegs taken from IPHOTO

when trying to load them into the canvas i get this message "edit operation had no effect. check the target tracks you may have to open the source clip in the viewer to see all target tracks"

well the source clip is already in the viewer and I don't know what "target tracks it is referring to.

I have tried going into properties and resizing in both iphoto and reimporting, no good
    the video i am making is comprised of mostly jpeg stills and it is due this week so I would appreciate any prompt assistance

thanks in advance:)

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Where are the original uploaded photos located?

Here's what I would do. First, in the Browser in FCE, go to Import folder. Browse in the window to find the folder that contains your photos. Then once that folder in in the Browser, drag the photo into the timeline.

Or if you need the edited versions of the photos, Export them from iPhoto in PNG formats.

There should be no reason this shouldn't work. But report back, in case.

3. sbp9731 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please explain png?

I thought it might be the size so i reimported one photo over and over again in different sizes but still as jpegs and that did not work, what is png

4. sbp9731 thread starter macrumors newbie

just tried it..

I just imported one photo as png from iphoto and dragged into timeline but no change it will not allow any edit functions, transitions all are unhighlighted and I still get the same message box

5. sbp9731 thread starter macrumors newbie

A New Development!

I had started this movie in one sequence that i decided to use

when i switch to another sequence the jpegs and transitions go in fine
    it is only the one that I am having this problem in. In it ihave 2 video channels and 2 audio and I have transitions and edited video as the opening sequence with titles.

i would hate to have to trash that and start over

any other ideas on why this is happening???

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

you need to select a target track on your timeline, on the left of the timeline where the green light is , make sure the 2 buttons saying v1 & V1 are together, if they are apart you can not make a edit using the insert or overlay button.

7. sbp9731 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bass Player

Hey thanks I will look into that

also a Bass Player:)