Used 4 with Applecare+ or 4s w/o?

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Which would you buy? I am in the market for a used iPhone. However, the price point is about the same for iphone 4 w/ applecare+ vs a 4s w/o applecare+?

Just figured I would ask the masses.

Thanks!

Last edited:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
It depends.
which has more storage?
what will be using it for?
do you use the camera?
Please post a little more information

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
It depends.
which has more storage?
what will be using it for?
do you use the camera?
Please post a little more information
It's on Sprint, so 8 vs 16. Personal phone only, I will put some music on it. I'm not really that concerned about the storage as I will be using it till the next iPhone comes out. I will use the camera about as much as the normal user. A few pictures a week.

And on a similar note, which do you think would have a higher resell value?

Last edited:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
4S without AC+

Keep your phone in good condition (a case perhaps) and you'll likely not need AC+. Any problems you have with the 4S (besides destroying it, cracking it, etc) will be covered under warranty. I think it's pointless to get AC+ if you know you're not going to be harsh with your phone.

Additionally if you want to utilize AC+, you'll have to pay a $50 deductible.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Depends on if you are accident prone. For myself, I would go with the 4S without Apple Care. If you tend to drop your phone EVER, I would recommend the Apple care myself.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
Depends on if you are accident prone. For myself, I would go with the 4S without Apple Care. If you tend to drop your phone EVER, I would recommend the Apple care myself.
If you pay $800 for a iPhone that costs like $250 to make, apple should at least give you one replacement..

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you pay $800 for a iPhone that costs like $250 to make, apple should at least give you one replacement..
I could say the same thing about cars, and various other items that we use on a daily basis. Thing is, they don't generally replace something for nothing so...

JeffreyDJ

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
You can only get Applecare+ within 30 days of new purchase at the apple store with your receipt.

JJ

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I've purchased 14 different Apple products over the years and I've never purchased AppleCare for any of them. I've never purchased an extended warranty for anything, really. I don't believe in extended warranties. It's like fast food companies charging you an extra 50% for fries and soda that aren't even worth a fraction of the rest of the meal.

There's only been one time I've had to pay out of pocket for repairs, and that was a $70 bill to fix the power supply in my 24" ACD. Thing is, I bought that thing used, so I shouldn't even count it... Am I lucky or just careful? You decide.

So if I were you, I'd do the 4S without AC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.