Used an iPad for 10min at Best Buy and now ........... I want one

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danpass, Apr 8, 2010.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Just after, when I went to look something up on iPhone internet, ................ it just didn't compare.

The iPad felt great in my hands.

So in 10 minutes, which flaws did I miss? :D

2. bludodge macrumors 6502

Read up on the issues, and I suggest waiting for the 3G. You really feel tied down when you are not around a wifi signal. Everyone at work wants to see my iPad, and I can't show off the cool parts.

3. bludodge macrumors 6502

4. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I haven't had any issues after making sure everything was updated. I think you'll be happy with your purchase!

5. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

man that's a toughie.

If I can integrate it into the ATT service I already have for only an extra $8.99 per month (lol) then that's one thing but if it means new service or an additional $60/mo then its not really worth it (to me).

6. ballen420 macrumors 6502

I did the same thing on my lunch break Tuesday, but before I went in there I promised myself I wouldn't buy it then.

I went back after work and picked it up. :eek:

7. bossxii macrumors 68000

Have you reset your network? I was dropping wifi a lot yesterday, reset the network settings, rebooted the device and so far today no drops. Worth a shot I guess. Good luck.

8. bludodge macrumors 6502

man I have tried everything plus reading posts and posting about this issue. It is so frustrating. I didn't even go to work today.....

9. bludodge macrumors 6502

it will be an additional $30 for unlimited data. Won't be as "add a line".

10. bludodge macrumors 6502

reset things, made changes, reset things after each change, wiped ipad reloaded, resynced, started from scratch, etc. I can eaither get my ipad to be reliable or my iphone. i won't go into it, because I have already in other threads.

11. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

If those things didn't work, I would try to return it for a new one.

12. yyy macrumors regular

1. Did you like it for how it works or did you like it for what it can do for you? Do you think you'll still be using it after a month or two?

2. Did you hold the device in your hand/s while using it? Because if you didn't you might find it too heavy after 10 minutes of usage.

3. Did you check whether the browser can show your favorite websites? The iPad's browser doesn't work exactly like the Mac browser so it might not show some websites correctly. For example, it won't show Flash at all, no Google Docs support.

4. Did you try out the keyboard? Is it something you'd be comfortable typing on for more than a few minutes (unless you're not a heavy-typist)?

13. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

14. melman101 macrumors 68030

You know what though? I have 64 GB of media on here. I need to use it sometime. If I have a constant connection I'll never use it. That being said, i love MyWi on my iPhone 3GS

15. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

I messed with it some more in the Apple store this past weekend.

The 64gb is on my buy list :D

I don't forsee using 3g with it now though. I try to keep it simple when traveling so I plan to continue with my iPhone for portability.

But MyWi has me intrigued. If Apple won't release something similar soon I may just go ahead and jailbreak.

Heck maybe I'll set myself up as a developer and write my own program to avoid jailbreaking (wasn't impressed with that method when I did it on my 3G)

16. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

you'll also feel that your iphone seems much smaller now. at least that's what i feel when i use my ipad and then my iphone.

17. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I have experienced none of the few issues that have been popping up on this forum. My experience has been a very positive one.

18. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

19. Star-fire macrumors 6502

Yup have to say I love my iPad I don't even open my MBP anymore unless i have some design work to do. Haven't had any problems for a 1st gen device it's really great

20. Super20 macrumors regular

I've wanted an iPad ever since I first heard about them. Today was the first chance I had to actually play with one and decide. I walked out of the Apple store without one. After messing with it one thought went through my head...."What do I use this for?" The employee trying to sell me on it kept showing me touch apps that scaled up. Weird. I guess if I really wanted one, I would wait for the 3G model so I wasn't so tied down to Wi-fi. I've also been fairly successful in my decisions to wait for version 2 of apple products. Rest assured....there will be one. It won't be soon, but that's the one I'll buy.

21. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Yep! It feels like a mini iPad now. LOL

Sorry :(
    Hope everything clears up for you soon :eek:

22. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

The iphone seems sooooo light now that I am using it on the ipad :)

23. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo