Used Car Dealers Berate Pizza Delivery Driver, Face the Wrath of the Internet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Jan 16, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You know for a bunch of used car dealers, these sure are some arrogant bastards. Best part is they thought it was so funny they posted the footage on youtube! It's since been removed, but has been preserved by liveleak. If you click the link you can see it.Check out the yelp and google reviews F&R Auto Sales in Wesport, MA if you want some entertainment! The comments on facebook claim their lines have been busy for an hour now. :D

2. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they ganged up on the guy, the explanation was stupid, I can see the guy thinking he got the tip when they over paid him.

4. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

A long time ago I delivered pizzas for Papa Johns. I delivered once to a guy that wrote me a check for something like $0.25 over the total (Pizza came to like $8.00). When I told him he wrote the check for too much he asked what the total was. When I told him he said "yeah, the rest is a tip". I said "THAT'S a tip"? He proceeded to berate me for not being more grateful. I walked off and he followed me down his apartment steps and spit on me while calling me all kinds of colorful names. When I got back to the restaurant my manager was waiting to reprimand me, having already fielded a call from this degenerate while I was on my way back. I asked if, while complaining, he included the part about spitting on me. When he said no he promptly called the guy back and told him "sir, don't ever order from us again" and we put a note under his phone number in the computer "Do not deliver. He's a spitter".

5. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Of course. It would have been a 17% tip, totally average. Plus why would they intentionally give him an extra $5 bill and not say anything? Seems to me like they set him up and thought it would be funny to mess with a pizza delivery guy and post it on the internet and thought everyone else would think it's hilarious too. Like little kids in adult bodies. Appalling.

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

These used cars salesmen live up the their reputation.:rolleyes:

7. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

lol :D

8. TimelessOne macrumors regular

Come on it is safe to logically assume when handed clearly extra bills you are not looking for change in something like that.

If they had handed him $45 then yeah I can understand expecting $3 changed back but they loaded an extra $5. Honestly what that works out to be a a little under 20% so yeah nice tip but seems pretty logical.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Especially when he allegedly asked them if they intended to give him the extra $5 before leaving with it.

10. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

If they gave him $45 then standard procedure would have been to say "do you need change?". But since they handed him an extra $5 bill on top of that, it implies that his total tip is $8, and in that situation a driver wouldn't even ask because it's assumed. And that's what happened here. It's very obvious to me that they did this on purpose and planned it beforehand.

11. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

I don't know that I believe that they did it on purpose. They may have just pooled their money together, handed it over expecting the change to then divvy out among themselves without realizing the combination of denominations given. Look, I'm not trying to defend these guys but one thing I learned while being a delivery driver is that too many people don't realize that tips are supposed to be a common courtesy, just like at a restaurant. The decent thing for these guys to do would've been to realize they should've tipped the guy and just let it go.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

What a bunch of A holes. And the one sitting on the right pissed me off when he stated he wanted to get the guy fired.

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Hey! Another Pulitzer-prize-candidate story from John Prager. John must be the busiest reporter in the biz, what with him contributing to IfYouOnlyNews.com and AddictingInfo.com!

For those who don't know our intrepid Mr. Prager, here's his bio:

John Prager is an unfortunate Liberal soul who lives uncomfortably in the middle of a Conservative hellscape and likes to refer to himself as an "island of reason in a sea of insanity." While he is not a fan of politicians, period, he has developed a deep-seated hatred for the bigotry, fear mongering, and lies of the Right Wing. John also works as a counselor at one of Barry Soetoro's FEMA re-education camps and as a HAARP weather control coordinator. John's life's aspiration is to rule the world with an iron fist, or find that sock he's been looking for. John can be reached at americanlesionx@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments.​

14. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Point?

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Yes. Why do you keep posting nonsense from these propaganda sites? Don't you have legitimate news sources?

16. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

So, basically, no point. Don't like the source? Find another one. Google is your friend. This isn't even a political thread, and the article has nothing to do with politics whatsoever. Get over yourself. And please explain to me what about this article is "nonsense"? The facts are the facts, if you don't like the source then it's a you problem.

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Post anything from the Communist Party USA or Nazi Party propaganda sites and I'll give you an equally hard time. If it's really news, there'll be a reputable site hosting it.

18. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Well being that you're the only one who has a problem with the source, find your own. Once again, it's a YOU problem.

19. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So you're not disputing that it's a propaganda site, just that I'm the only one complaining about it.

20. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

If by "propaganda site" you mean a site that reports things from a point of view that you don't agree with, then sure. I'm disputing that it has anything to do with the topic at hand. If you feel it does, find another source that disputes the facts in this article.

21. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

On head.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Do you have any comment on the content of the video?

This story reminds me of another recent Man vs. Restaurant encounter that went viral and backfired on the guy complaining. This one involves a lawyer who thought he could bully a local Chinese restaurant over a few dollars.

http://www.boston.com/food-dining/restaurants/2014/12/09/harvard-business-school-professor-goes-war-over-worth-chinese-food/KfMaEhab6uUY1COCnTbrXP/story.html

You do need to be careful about the internet fights you pick.

23. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

Is CNN reputable enough?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/car-dealership-pizza-guy/

Maybe Fox News is partisan enough...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/massachusetts-car-dealership-employees-pizza-delivery-man-have-heated-argument/

There are dozens of other sources.

Are you saying the video is fake? Did it not happen? Maybe staged?

----------

Haha...I remember that one. Then I read Harvard Economic and Law and knew exactly the type.