Carrier Used IPad upgrade to get iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dunnica74, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Dunnica74 macrumors newbie

So i was able to order a iphone 5s and use the ipad line (on Verizon) for the upgrade. Now they said that was not possible but it let me. So now, how do I get then phone activated on the line I want, and not the Ipad line? Help!

2. Raibyn macrumors regular

If I understand correctly, you now have a 2 year contract on that iPad line? Did you transfer the upgrade from the iPad to the line for the iPhone 5s or actually UPGRADE the iPad line to an iPhone 5s? If you transferred an upgrade, you don't need to do anything really. Just activate the 5s as normal.

If not, then the 5s will need to first be activated under the iPad line, then you can get a new nano sim to put in the phone tied to your line you want it to be on and put the other sim in the iPad. This will probably require a trip to the Verizon store (yuck) or a call to customer service (also yuck) at the very least.

3. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

try activating it on your ipad line then immediately deactivating it and then get a new sim and activate it on your phone line.

4. Dunnica74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct I upgraded the Ipad to a 2 year agreement. So i will need to order a nano sim, basically? Correct?

5. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

call them. that will be the easiest way. and tell them you have an iPad line to be used on an iPhone.