Used iPhone with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nrvna76, Jun 24, 2013.

1. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2010
    I talked AT&T customer care into an early upgrade for my wife's iphone 4, but apparently they can do that with every phone accept iphone. So I have a GS4 on the way and a person on craigslist who wants to trade for an iphone 5. Only thing that scares me is this phone has IOS 7 beta 1 on it. Anything I should look out for because this has IOS 7? Will it show updates as new beta's come out??

Thanks for any help.
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Tell him or her to restore it to iOS 6.1.4. You're asking for problems if the beta was not loaded through a legit source. Also, if the beta expires (and it will) the phone will be temporarily disabled until you can restore to iOS 6.1.4. No trade unless he/she trades is with the correct OS. It would be dumb to do anything else.
  3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Nov 16, 2011
    You can always restore via iTunes to iOS 6.1.4 no matter which way he installed it, its not the issue, what you want to do is get the IMEI # and call up AT&T to verify that its not blacklisted or money owing on the account as that will be the situation between life n death for you if the phone is blocked....

Also AT&T wouldn't allow the upgrade to iPhone 5 because other manufacturers lets jus say give AT&T a huge break on the price per phone...where as in Apple makes them pay big bucks but then again its quality and we pay for it :)
  4. nrvna76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2010
    Well, while its kindof an annoying process to have to go through, but I do understand why they can't do the iphone. But I'm not keeping her on the GS4, she had the 3 for a bit and did not like it. I will be sure to check the imei ( I planned on meeting in at Att store to make sure everybody is happy ) and I may ask them to install ios 6. Thanks for the replies.
  5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    Just be aware as well that the phone's warranty is effectively voided as long as beta software is running on it.
  6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Apr 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Too bad it was not a Note II, I would have traded my IP5 16GB on AT&T in a minute, I love my IP5, but I had an extra one I had to buy over the return period, and I was looking for a Note II.
  7. nrvna76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2010
    Sorry! I picked the phone that I thought most people would want.