Used iphoneSIMfree to "unlock" 1.1.1 but can't use other SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cleung, Nov 4, 2007.

1. cleung macrumors regular

So I finally used the iphonesimfree licence last night to try to unlock the 1.1.1 phone I have. It says I unlocked successfully but when I put my non-AT&T SIM in, it says I inserted an non-activiated SIM card. The iphonesimfree website says it's not an unlocked issue but an activation issue. Does anyone know what exactly the problem is and how I can get my phone to use a non-AT&T SIM? BTW, my phone is already activiated using my AT&T SIM card. I just want to be able to use other SIMs when I'm traveling overseas. Thanks.

2. spinstorm macrumors 65816

If I was you I am not sure I would bother doing that! As now you have hacked it you won't be able to return it under warrenty if it goes wrong!

Your phone has to be activated for every different SIM Card.

There is a way to solve this problem and that is by downloading the hacked 1.1.1 lockdownd file (the file that activates the phone) from the internet.

You then have to transfer it to the iPhone using an SSH/SFTP client such as Putty (for windows) or Cyberduck (for Mac).

Visit www.modmyifone.com for information about activation.

Alternatively if you have a mac you can download Independence which will activate it for you and make it even easier!