iPhone Used Pangu 1.0.1 Jailbreak, phone went to Apple logo both times

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Boulware28, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Boulware28 macrumors member

Hello,

I jailbroke my phone last night with Pangu 1.0.1 twice last night.

Everything worked the first time and I used my back to restore my iphone after the fact. After shutting it off I tried to turn it back on and it stayed on the apple logo.

I put the phone into recovery mode and erased everything and tried it again. After setting it up and manually putting my content back on, just randomy the phone went to the apple logo screen again and stayed there. On my third attempt to rejailbreak.

What could be causing this? Touch ID/Passcode after the fact? Maybe my computer?

2. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Think its not really that stable yet. Shall restore my iPad and wait for a stable one ;(

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Maybe try with the newest 1.1 jailbreak which came out today.

4. Boulware28 thread starter macrumors member

Thtas what I am doing. Also on a differnt computer as mine is still running Vista and it may have malware on it.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

DFU restore the iPhone, make sure the backup isn't encrypted, make sure Find my iPhone is off, make sure touchID is disabled.

Pangu 1.1 should really deal with any issues though.

6. Boulware28 thread starter macrumors member

I did that both times. Like i said the jailbreak installed fine it was after the fact that it just went to the boot window and stayed there.

I was trying to enable apple pay I wonder if that had something to do with it.

If it doesn't work on this new computer I may just give up.

7. Boulware28 thread starter macrumors member

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Did you ensure that you updated Cydia, the untether and substrate immeadiately upon jailbreaking? Particularly before re-enabling the forbidden items listed above.

Given your issues, the best thing to do is DFU restore (google how to do this) your iDevice, and then rejailbreak using 1.1. Please note this is different 1.0.1, and seemingly resolves any JB issues we've seen thus far.

9. Boulware28 thread starter macrumors member