Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fab4fun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Italy
Hi Guys,

i know this has come up elsewhere in the forum but this thing really need some fixing..
this process ( usereventsagent ) is topping my cpu all of the time...
i cant find a way to kill it for good or to fix his behaviour...

it has been said to change the date manually to a date previous to december.... it works... but the date change implies very bad things on other hands, so it is not a viable solution i think.

please Help

im' running highsierra on a macbook pro mid 2014

Fab4fun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Italy
Thanx man.. I didn’t realize there was an upgrade.. that would have been my first thing... anyway it fixed it

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Thanx man.. I didn’t realize there was an upgrade.. that would have been my first thing... anyway it fixed it

You're welcome - since you said that the changing of date thing was a potential temporary fix, I figured it was the same underlying issue as the one that caused iOS to constantly respring with notifications, fixed in iOS 11.2.2 or whatever it was, and then similar in this High Sierra update :)

Robert5115

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2018
I've got the 10.13.3 update and within the past week have been running into this issue, it's killing me! I've deleted mackeeper and SPI app (both known malware) and still nothing. I've restarted in safe mode and logged in with a non-admin login and my CPU operated near silent in both cases. When I switched back to my admin login, sounds like a 747 taking off again. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. (I reset NVRAM successfully and believe I reset SMC but I'm not sure as I didn't see my charging cable light flicker). I'm running a late 2011 MBP 15 inch with SSD and RAM upgrade (used to run silent unless I'm doing something graphics intensive)

Update****
Fixed!!! A few minutes after I posted above, I came across a post started in 2009 (last commented on in 2014) where someone suggested I download and run Etre Check and it worked!! There was a remaining Mackeeper/ SPI/ uninstaller (SPI related malware) trying to run through a .plist in ~Library/LaunchAgents folder. It was categorized as a minor problem and I was able to use Etre Check to remove the remaining item which I wasn't able to do by sorting system files and moving to trash. In my excitement, I lost the page where I found the post, will give it another go shortly

Last edited:

azyinc

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
I've got the 10.13.3 update and within the past week have been running into this issue, it's killing me! I've deleted mackeeper and SPI app (both known malware) and still nothing. I've restarted in safe mode and logged in with a non-admin login and my CPU operated near silent in both cases. When I switched back to my admin login, sounds like a 747 taking off again. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. (I reset NVRAM successfully and believe I reset SMC but I'm not sure as I didn't see my charging cable light flicker). I'm running a late 2011 MBP 15 inch with SSD and RAM upgrade (used to run silent unless I'm doing something graphics intensive)

Update****
Fixed!!! A few minutes after I posted above, I came across a post started in 2009 (last commented on in 2014) where someone suggested I download and run Etre Check and it worked!! There was a remaining Mackeeper/ SPI/ uninstaller (SPI related malware) trying to run through a .plist in ~Library/LaunchAgents folder. It was categorized as a minor problem and I was able to use Etre Check to remove the remaining item which I wasn't able to do by sorting system files and moving to trash. In my excitement, I lost the page where I found the post, will give it another go shortly

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU. I'm looking for a solution for this usereventagent thing for almost week, and no website or no answers did solve my problem. I ran etrecheck, although there was not any problem instead of a unsigned file, my problem solved. Previously, when I open the lid of my mbp 13", fans were kicking off immediately and mbp was completely useless. usereventagent and launchhd were eating up all of the cpu. Now that's not a thing. If I could, I'd personally give you a bj. Have a nice day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.