Users using iOS 5 Beta 5.1. How to save icloud backup and downgrade to 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mysteriouskk, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Mysteriouskk macrumors member

When I downgraded my phone to 5.0.1 from 5.1, it wouldn't let me use my icloud backup that I made using the 5.1 version. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Will I have to lose everything and start over? Is there anyway to backup on the beta that will work using the lower version?

I want to go from the beta down to 5.0.1 for the jailbreak.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i unfortunately did not know that a couple hours back and lost my back up. the only other way i could think of is to back up to iTunes before going down to 5.0.1. but i am not sure if that will work either, good luck

3. lonman06 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Your only chance is to backup using iTunes. However once you do this iTunes will tell you that the new software you are trying to restore from backup is too old. You need to go into where the iTunes backups are saves and open the info.plist file. You will see and build number and ios version in there. You need to change it from 5.1 to 5.0.1 and also change the build number as well. Then a restore from backup will work fine.

4. Mysteriouskk thread starter macrumors member

Ok, cool. I'll try it tonight. Thanks!