Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
i have 2 accounts, 1 is indonesia which have my credit card info for easy apps purchasing, and the other is a US account which i need to buy music because the indonesian store doesn't have that.

usually when im logged in with a US account in my iPhone, and there is a new update of some apps which i bought from indonesian store, i usually have to login with my indonesian's ID first in order to be able to update them. now with iOS 5 i dont need to logout from my US ID first, i just click update and then there's a pop up that's asking my indonesian password then i type it and it's starting to download right away.

anyone else can confirm this? or is it available since 4.3.3? because im sure before that i have to login with my right ID to update them.

this is really a life saver, thanks apple for sorting this out!

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
anyone? wow, dont tell me MR only has US members only.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
iOS 5 is only in beta stages right now, so many people don't have it, which might be why you didnt get any replies. I'm on the latest iOS 4 (4.3.3 apparently) and I still have to log into the correct account to update apps from different accounts. Hope that helps.

Heb 7:4

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
I'm curious as to how two accounts on one phone works at all? My partner is from the US, and still uses her old account to purchase shows, but we both use my UK account for everything else (music, apps, etc).

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there some way of putting her shows on her phone (which is usually synced using my account, since that is where all her music and apps have been bought)?

Anyone explaining to me how to do this wins a pint :)

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I'm curious as to how two accounts on one phone works at all? My partner is from the US, and still uses her old account to purchase shows, but we both use my UK account for everything else (music, apps, etc).

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there some way of putting her shows on her phone (which is usually synced using my account, since that is where all her music and apps have been bought)?

Anyone explaining to me how to do this wins a pint :)

As far as I know, as long as you have the downloads form both accounts on one computer, you simply plug the phone in and tick what you want to sync. That what I did with my apps anyway. Give it a try

skarje

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2007
i have a similar setup with a japanese and US account, i d/l apps with both and have same annoying having to keep switching accounts to update things. Actually, i've noticed it changing quite a bit through the past few ios releases.
sometimes a popup with the correct account name would come up and ask for a password, recent releases told me i could d/l with this account and i had to logout of one and into the other on the iphone in order to update.

the ios5 beta seems to be similar where it just asks me the pass word for the account i want to update the app. although that very well may change in other betas...

wurgi

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
Toronto
Having two accounts from different countries is one of the most tedious thing of iOs IMHO. Mostly because if I'm logged in with my Swiss account, and I want to update a Canadian app, I'm prompted to insert the password, but then a message tells me that the ID is only available in the Canadian store, so it has to open the AppStore, I have to close it and try to update the app again.

I really hope they make it easier.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Having two accounts from different countries is one of the most tedious thing of iOs IMHO. Mostly because if I'm logged in with my Swiss account, and I want to update a Canadian app, I'm prompted to insert the password, but then a message tells me that the ID is only available in the Canadian store, so it has to open the AppStore, I have to close it and try to update the app again.

I really hope they make it easier.

I don't see why you can't log in to each account once (ever) and let iOS get updates from the appropriate store. It can't be that difficult, but maybe it's to discourage people from having multiple accounts in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.