Using 5s and 5 at the same time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookman83, Sep 26, 2013.

1. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Hi I plan to buy an iPhone 5s as an additional line from AT&T. I currently have the 5 and and would be using both lines for myself. Would I be able to swap my sim from my 5 line and use it on the 5s line????

I basically want to be able to use the 5s on my current line and the 5 on my new line?????

Would i need to call att for anytype of cross upgrade??? Itll most likely be under the same itunes account.

Thanks
    AKil

2. OCJeff macrumors regular

Just swap the SIM cards. No problems. May confuse att a bit, but it will work, no questions there.

3. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

one thing nice about GSM carriers is you can switch SIM cards and transfer service no questions asked. ;)

4. macbookman83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you sir!

Now to find the 5s :)

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Just to be clear here, you will need to activate the new phone to the new number/sim it comes with. After that you should be able to swap back and forth. I ran into this when trying to do a cross upgrade last night. I tried just putting my sim in the new phone and it wouldn't let me do it. The phone said it was not the sim it shipped with and I needed to put that sim back in and start over. So I called AT&T and 45 minutes later I was set. Not sure why it took 45 minutes...

6. macbookman83 thread starter macrumors 6502

I ended up buying it device only from a boost mobile store that had a couple on hand.