Using an international locked iPhone 4S in the USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mta, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mta macrumors newbie

Hello

I would like to know if there is any way to use an iPhone from another country (locked by my carrier) in the US, since I am traveling there for some time and would not like to spend too much in Roaming services.

Thank you

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

no, your carrier would need to unlock it if you want to us another carrier

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

The carriers love international roaming since it is so profitable. If you are carrier locked they won't unlock it for you.

4. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

What country are you from? What carrier? Some carriers will never unlock your iPhone under any circumstances, but some carriers in some countries are willing to unlock your phone for you, if you meet certain eligibility requirements.

The requirements vary from country to country (because some countries have mandatory regulations which compel carriers to assist their customers with unlocking cell phones, while other countries don't), and also vary within a country from carrier to carrier, and they may include a minimum amount of time with an account in good standing, or a maximum amount of time remaining on your subsidized contract, and/or paying an unlocking fee.

5. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Pick up a ATT&T prepaid phone it's what we do whe. We travel to the US it's $2.00 per day when you use the phone for unlimited calls to any where in the US. For what Rogers wants for 1.5 minutes of roaming I can talk all day.

We have 2 phones so we stay connected so while the girls shop I can check out the electronics stores or go for a coffee. At $2.00 per day for each phone you candy beat the price and phones start at $15.00