Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I have my iCloud account signed in after I set up as new phone. So my contacts carries over. If I take iCloud off contacts would go as well correct along with bookmarks!

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
when i got my iphone i set up as new iphone on itunes and then i logged into icloud on the actual phone so that my contacts and bookmarks would show up. Im wondering though if it carries over anything else when i log into icloud. i made sure before my last back up to iCloud that it only backed up contacts and bookmarks nothing with the apps. Im wondering if i sign out of icloud now if the contacts and bookmarks would still stay on the iPhone? or is that all part of the icloud back up?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
when i got my iphone i set up as new iphone on itunes and then i logged into icloud on the actual phone so that my contacts and bookmarks would show up. Im wondering though if it carries over anything else when i log into icloud. i made sure before my last back up to iCloud that it only backed up contacts and bookmarks nothing with the apps. Im wondering if i sign out of icloud now if the contacts and bookmarks would still stay on the iPhone? or is that all part of the icloud back up?

No. They'd be removed. The info (bookmarks, contacts, etc) are only on your iCloud and would not be accessible if you logged out.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
You can test this out by signing out of iCloud now. If your stuff disappears, just sign back in.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
When you turn off contacts in iCloud I believe it asks you whether you want to delete your contacts on your iPhone or keep them. Haven't tried bookmarks but I will assume it works the same. You can do a restore from iCloud or you can do only a sync.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
No. They'd be removed. The info (bookmarks, contacts, etc) are only on your iCloud and would not be accessible if you logged out.

is it always pushing from icloud then? or no. only when i back it up is icloud actually backing up

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
so if i edit a contact or a bookmark is added? then it changes. only whe its plugged in and on wifi or thats only for back up? apparently if i click delete icloud it says if i want to delete icloud off the phone, but keep the contacts and etc on the phone. Im just wondering if then if i put it back on later on if it will update the contacts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.