iPod touch Using iOS 6 JB, should I upgrade now to iOS 7 to JB or should I wait for iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Haswell, Dec 24, 2013.

  1. Haswell macrumors regular

    Nov 9, 2012
    I have an 5th Gen. iPod Touch 32GB running iOS 6.0.1 (yes I am old school) that's jailbroken. Should I upgrade to iOS 7 now and jailbreak it (which will result in me losing all of my jailbreaks), but it will guarantee me a jailbroken iOS 7 device.

    Or should I wait for iOS 7.1 to get released then jailbreak it? The problem with waiting for iOS 7.1 is who knows if Apple will fix the exploits that are used by the jailbreak.
  2. kalirob99 macrumors 68000


    Dec 24, 2008
    I'd assume that the exploit will be fixed in 7.1. I'd just update now, but you might wanna wait for mobile substrate to be updated.
  3. darricksailo macrumors 601


    Dec 18, 2012
    If you want to be jailbroken on iOS 7, wait a few days for stuff to be updated before you go to 7.0.4 and jailbreak
  4. JrFreak macrumors 6502a


    Aug 3, 2009
    I'm on 6 now. My lock button is about dead and I want to get a new phone but was waiting for a 7 JB... now that it is out I'll wait a few days and call Apple and get my replacement on the way.

    I was hoping iOS7 would grow on me... but it hasn't. Looks too cartoony for me. I hope themes and custom icons will fix that.
  5. oplix macrumors 65816


    Jun 29, 2008
    New York, NY
    im on 7.0.4 and jailbreak works flawlessly. Sure barely anything is updated at this point but who cares. You have file system write access and the sooner you jailbreak the safer you will be for any potential left field updates from apple that close the jailbreak exploit.

Share This Page