Using iPhone 4 sims on original iPhone and dumb phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by historyteacher, Aug 6, 2012.

1. historyteacher macrumors member

Hey all my genius friends who are way more intelligent than me,

So I have had awesome luck with selling my previous iPhones for a great price slightly before the new one comes out. Usually making enough to pay for the new phone...subsidized of course. Then I would just use an old phone for a month or so until I bought the new iPhone.

Now my wife and I each have an iPhone 4. I have the original iPhone (nostalgia I guess) and I also have an old slider phone that my wife had before her iPhone. My question is regarding the sim cards. I understand that our iPhone 4's have a micro sim and the other phones have big sims. Can I just use an adapter like this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003THJQVU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A3QF16EH69HELL

and pop the sims into the older phones?

Anything else I should know especially regarding the original iPhone (since it only runs IOS 3 or something)...or just tell me if I am way off altogether.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I wouldn't recommend using a microsim adapter in the old iPhone. I've done it, and gotten the sim card stuck in sim slot before.

With your flip phone it should work. Or you can go to AT&T and activate a normal sized sim (best option).