Using iPhone doing high intensity exercise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RichyB, Mar 4, 2012.

1. RichyB macrumors regular

How durable is the iPhone in exercise where there's a lot of movement and shaking? I'm not comfortable with armbands, will just be zipped in my pocket.

2. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

it depends on what you have covering your iphone. i would recommend getting an otterbox defender, or a case of similar durability. that way if it does drop out of your pocket you won't have to worry as much.
    also, you may want to take into account the moisture that could build up in your pocket from sweat and condensation. a durable case will help with this too.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

As long as you don't drop it, you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about shaking it.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Shaking should be fine, so long as there is no impact. I run with my phone in a zipped pocket myself.

5. calvy macrumors 65816

All you need to worry about are sweat and dropping the phone.

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I use my iPhone as a music player when I work out in the gym or out for a run. It's fine, I even got sweat on it and water on it and its fine. As long as the internal parts don't get wet, you're fine.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You'll be fine. I do it all the time. I don't worry about sweat because the headphone jack is covered by the earphone.

Make sure to wipe it after!