Using iphone for netflix on external monitor, is there a remote I can use for it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El Burro, Sep 23, 2012.

1. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

I have an iphone 4s that is connected to an older CRT for my mother, but the problem is that when the Iphone 4S, which is connected with an Apple component video out cable, is hooked to the TV, it's too far to change settings. In other words, if you want to change a movie, mute, fast forward, etc., you have to get up and walk to change it like basically using a TV without a remote.

So is there some type of remote that works WITH the iphone 4S? Maybe the Apple Remote?

I'm guessing that since the Iphone 4S is based on wifi and not IR, that it would have to be some type of wifi remote that is compatible with the iphone 4s.

2. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G

3. El Burro thread starter macrumors regular

El Burro

Ahh, that's exactly the type of thing I was looking for. The only thing unfortunately is that it's a bit expensive ($40.00) and creeping up towards the cost of an Apple TV (around $90) which does Netflix and more.

I think a wifi remote would probably be cheaper, but that'll probably be hard to find I suppose.

Thanks for the help!