Using Podcast App (video) some play (TWiT) and some don’t (CNet)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Julien, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Julien, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Using the Apple Podcast App I can only get about 1/2 (that I have tried) of the Podcasts to play. I have tried rebooting, deleting/reinstalling App and even deleting Apps to free up more space (have 6GB free now) but I keep having the same problem. It will say Unable to Download Podcast and when I hit done I get this strange generic Podcast title added (top left) that always has the same Dec 31, 2000 date if I open it. If I try to play then from the List screen it will just skip the one it can’t download and play the next it can. CNet is one that I can’t get any to play. I have tried both SD and HD with the same non results. On the other hand all TWiT Podcasts play fine. Not sure if this is an iPad, App or Apple problem so I posted here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Just tried on my iPhone and same results.
    [​IMG]

2. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Can someone please try playing a CNet video Podcast using Apple's Podcast App and report on how it works?

3. tlaw81 macrumors member

Same issue

I have the same issue with cnet. Can view them directly in the iTunes app, but cannot play them in the new podcast app. I thought it was my internet connection.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I tried it too and get the same results. Must be c|net and not us.

You can always download & subscribe to their podcast via iTunes on your computer and then sync them to the iPad.

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

It's not just Cnet. There were other video Podcast Apps also but I can't remember some of them.

6. kiljoy616 macrumors 68000

kiljoy616

The app is broken, it works sometimes and others time it fails. Apple has fallen a bit with putting out something this bad. I gave up and when to paid podcast client. Unable to delete old podcast was also a problem as well as some crashes sealed it for me. :(

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Apple sure released a steaming pile full of bugs. I delete it and use Instacast HD which is fantastic.