Using the MPB with the lid closed & external monitor/kb/mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Link00seven, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Link00seven macrumors regular

Hello,

I was trying to use my Macbook Pro with a bluetooth keyboard, wired USB mouse, and an external LG display (that unfortuantely is VGA only, so I use my DVI-VGA adaptor that came with the computer). I follow the instructions located @ http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86286

However, when I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid and try to wake it back up using either the keyboard or mouse, it will not wake up. The only way to get it to wake up is by opening the lid again.

I have the power adaptor plugged in, so that isn't the problem. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Just checking, but there are a separate set of instructions if you use a bluetooth keyboard. Your link actually is if you're using a USB keyboard.

3. scott85213 macrumors member

I'm not positive but I think you need to be using an app like Insomniax so you can use it with your lid closed.

4. Link00seven thread starter macrumors regular

I got it to work, but thanks for the quick response. I just hit the power button on my Bluetooth keyboard and then hit any random button and it turned on fine.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I was going to say make sure you enabled wake up with bluetooth in bluetooth preferences.