Using upgrade from different line (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedman100, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

I'm just getting everything ready to preorder on Friday. I pretended to order an iPhone 5s to make sure everything is working, but it seems I cannot do what I want on the Apple website. There is a line on my account with an upgrade available, but that is not the line I want to put the iPhone on. Is there a way to tell the Apple website to take the upgrade from a different line so I can upgrade my line at reduced cost?

2. mikeydooodie macrumors member

you can do what that thread says, or preorder it through verizons website 12ampst/3am set friday

----------

im in the same boat and I'm gonna do it through the verizon website and if it doesn't work then I'm gonna go to the store on the 19

3. Speedman100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Speedman100

If I really want the phone on release date, is ordering from Verizon as good as ordering from Apple? If it's not, then I'll probably do that SIM swap thing.

4. mikeydooodie macrumors member

its the same thing but apple probably has more stock thats all. the sim thing is fine as long as your sisters phone is already using data. I'm using an upgrade from a line i have from a flip phone so if i do sim swap verizon will make me switch my iphone5s to that line and put a data plan on it which i don't need, all i need with that line is minutes nothing else

5. Speedman100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Will Verizon's preorders go up at 3 AM Eastern too?

6. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

yes

7. mikeydooodie macrumors member

says on the website pre orders begin 12:01am PST september 12 which is 3:01am EST

8. Speedman100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Thanks guys. I'll just preorder from Verizon at 3:01 AM then. It will save me the hassle of swapping SIM cards and stuff, and I should still get the phone the day of release.