Using Verizon iPhone 6 abroad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndeanApple, Oct 3, 2014.

1. AndeanApple macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Yesterday a friend of mine finally bought my new iPhone 6 in Miami from a re-seller we found on craigslist.
    In the past week we've been trying to find unlocked iPhones via iStockNow in every single Apple Store in Florida, but they were nowhere to be found.
    We didn't have much time since he's returning tomorrow from Miami, so we ended up paying 850$ each for 3 iP6s 64Gb "unlocked" from Verizon, with a Verizon sim card on them.
    So, my question is, these iPhones from Verizon will work fine in other countries with local carriers? We're going to use them in South America.

Thanks in advance

2. 617aircav Suspended

You ask this after buying. Lol. Yes they will work. Also Andy iphone you buy at the Apple Store at full price is unlocked. They don't list them as unlocked right now.

3. AndeanApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, actually we only knew phones were unlocked as the guy from craigslist said, but we really wanted to make sure the Verizon iP6 will work fine in other countries.
    Thank you very much.

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

The regular iPhone 6 can be bought anywhere as they are in stock at best buy, target, Walmart, Costco, Verizon, etc.

It is the Plus version that is a little more hard to obtain.