Using Verizon iphone trade in...opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LapsangSouchong, Sep 22, 2012.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I know there are a lot of iphone trade in programs out there. Anyone use the verizon one? Opinions?

Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

2. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I also would like to know if anyone out there has used either of these programs.

3. darster Suspended

Don't use it. They really low ball their offer. You can get a better deal accepting the ebay buy back offer, or better yet, selling it by yourself on ebay. Here's my example. I have a razr maxx. Verizon will only give me about $200. Ebay buy back around $250. Selling on my own on ebay, at least $350.

4. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I'm trading in my Black 32gb Verizon 4S to Amazon. Why? Because they offered me $360 (I did this the 19th), which was far above any website at the time. Yes, Amazon only gives you an Amazon gift card and not cash, but if your like me, that isn't a big deal because I do a lot of my shopping on Amazon. Plus Christmas is right around the corner, so I should have no problem using all of that money.

I actually didn't know Verizon did trade ins. Do they give you cash?

5. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Verizon gives you a gift card too.

I've checked:
    AT&T
    Amazon
    Verizon (In case we switch)
    Apple
    and a few others

Amazon is offering the most.
    I don't have an ebay account. I don't use ebay. I don't really want to use ebay, so that's likely not going to happen.

----------

I just revisited Amazon's program. For my 64GB iPhone 4s WITH all the packaging (I never opened the earbuds, or the power cable), Amazon is quoting me $450.
    With Christmas coming, it will be easy to spend that $450.