USSC will not see case involving Alabama Sex Toy ban.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by halfprep455, Apr 6, 2007.

1. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

I know this is fairly old news, but as some of you know, the supreme court will not hear the case involving the ban on the sale or possession of sex toys in Alabama. First off, why the is there like a law like this in the first place? This sets a new low for even Alabama. Why are those backwards southerners more worried about what people do in their bedroom then real criminals such as murders, rapists, and theives. There was also a poll done by PEW in Alabama that says that 91% of the states population thinks the ban is redicolus. Why would a state try to uphold such an unpopular law. Also how could they possibly arrest people who use toys in their own house. Next thing you know, there going to take search and seizure rights away. I swear the Christian Right in this country is trying to take all of our rights away and turn this nation into a police state. This is more work by the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells of this world!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um im from the south...you callin me backwards? lol

3. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

Im from the south too. I probably should have worded what I said better. No pun intended to all southerners. There are open minded well educated people down south. I am mostly talking about the ultra religious, redneck, close minded group of people in the South. I know people like that exist all across the nation but it is more concentrated in the South.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

If it's so unpopular, why isn't it put on a ballot and voted away? Problem solved.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Id love to see the cops try to make an arrest, Ok put down the sex toys we know what you are doing in there.
    I see you already have the handcuffs on so just come out of the bedroom.:p

How does one even go about reporting such a thing.:p

6. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Does this mean it's illegal to put your cell phone on vibrate in Alabama, or does that only apply if the phone is in your pocket?

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They use those down there.:D How many cell phones are sold in AL.

8. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

:eek: :D

They are Southern, not Amish!

9. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

The ultra right minority in this country really piss me off. They try to forcibly impose their views on us Americans. Next thing you know were going to live in a Christian theocracy! say good by to our constution. If someone like Pat Robertson did come to power in this country, in moving to Canada!

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Sweet! Let me be the first to say welcome! we've got "semi" legal pot and gay marriage! Plus no one gives a damn what two consenting adults do in the bedroom.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Glad to see Alabama is protecting its citizens.

Because you never know when your kid could be walking to school and be attacked by a large, vibrating dildo.

12. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

I think people should go down to Alabama sell sex toys in the streets, opelny possess them in public until theree are hundredes of thousands of people arrested for this. Then Alabama's economy will completly collapse and their state will be completly bankrupt. they will have no money for anything else and their state will be one huge prison. It is really nice to see that Alabama is so concerned about real criminals such as Murders and rapists. it is also good to see that Alabama is so concerned that their schoold are the 2nd worst in the entire nation. Its good to see that their so concerned that they have one of the highest rates of poverty in the country. They really have their priorities right!

Imagine going to prison for something like this.

1st inmate: "Im doing 30 years for stabbing my wife."

2nd inmate: "Im doing life for robbing a bank and shooting the teller."

3rd inmate: "Im in for 20 years for armed robbery."

4th inmate: "Im doing 1-2 years for possession of a dildo!"

If these redicolus sex laws (banning oral sex, banning certian positions, banning sex between two unmarried couples)were still being enforced,in their respective states, Im looking at a 250 year jail sentence and $300,000 in fines! I would be in trouble. lol.

13. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

A foursome? How kinky... ;)

14. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Wow. Did you bother to read up on this at all or just see a headline and start ranting half-cocked? I'm guessing you didn't because if you had, you might have taken notice of the following:

1) This particular law has been around for nearly 10 years, and has been contested for nearly as long.
    2) Said law does not prohibit possession, only sale. Your example of the sex police peeking in bedroom windows is spurious at best.
    3) The fact that the law is under injunction means that it is not being enforced, therefore you can keep on buying and selling dildos and vibrators and inflatable donkeys until the matter is resolved, which won't be anytime soon. No one has been put out of business.

In short, you're making something out of nothing just to take shots at people you don't think are sufficiently enlightened. Charming.

15. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

And where might these be found? <shifty side glance>

16. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Probably Fantasyland over in Columbus, MS. I hear they get a lot of business from us backwards Alabama types, except they make us brush the straw out of our overalls before they let us in the door.

17. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Hey, bud, there's a Fantasyland branch over in your parts as well! :p Just take a ride out 82 East!

Is that a hay bale in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? :eek: :D

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I guess the Alabama dildo trade isn't nearly as precarious as the OP would want us to believe. ;)

Nah, it's an inflatable donkey and a King James Bible. :D

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I grew up in Gaithersburg. S/He will probably go to GHS in a year or two. With the way that the city is going down the craphole and the educaton that you get at the HS, you're probably seeing the most enlightened s/he can be.

20. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

I already go to GHS. I am graduating this year. GHS is not nearly as bad as a lot of people think it is. I will say that it is going down hill. However, I have never had any problems there.

21. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Wow, I lived in the South for 17 years and man, it was the land of Ku Klux Klan in many places. Scariest place is Texas. That's another country in itself.

Most of the well-educated people in the South (mostly at Emory, Duke or Vanderbilt) tend to be people who moved in from the North or West or foreign countries. That's about it however.

22. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Only a 250 year jail sentence, you must have been very good :cool:

FJ

23. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

I don't see how anyone who thinks logicaly can possibly give me one good reason why it should be the governments business what people do in there own bedrooms. I think these moralistic, ultra right, laws are getting really redicolus. And, if you don't want your kids to be exposed to what people do in their own privacy: pay attention to your kids! Im tired of the government taking away everyones freedom to be a dam* babysitter. If you don,t want your kids to look at obsene things in the media, if you don't want your kids to be exposed to what you think is sinful, then watch your kids for God's sake! Its your job not the governments.

24. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

I do think that gays deserve rights like the rest of us. I belive that their life style is wrong. However, just because I belive that their life style is wrong does not mean that they should have to shut the **** up about their life style. Gay people are a large part of our society and we have to accept that fact. We can not deny them rights b/c they are Gay. I personally do not like that idea of gay marriage but I am not offended or disgusted if gay people did get married or have a civil union together. I do not think it really hurts society if gay people did marry. I think that less then 1% of gay people choose to be gay. It is something that they can not help. No one is hurting society by being gay. There have been gay people sience the begining of history and there will always be gay people.

25. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

As a Canadian who visits the USA frequently, I must say that I am constantly shocked at how touchy everybody there is about sex. This is just one more example. Your Christian right is obviously in control of your politicians and your courts. Unbelievable!