UT X Preview 2

G

Gamecubeguy

Why the 64 controller?

Why is the Nintendo 64 controller there? Oh yeah and GAMECUBE ROCKS!!!

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
The Preview 2 is definitely nice. However, for major prefomance boost we have to wait until Apple and Westlake solved the unaligned data problem UT is suffering from.

The Preview 2 shows, that Westlake keeps improving their software! Very cool!

GPTurismo

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2001
Montgomery, AL USA
It amazed me how Westlake is quickly going from premiere OS 9- programmers to premiere OS X programmers.

They are proving to be a very excellent development house and I am so proud they are developing for the OS I love, OS X...

*wipes away tear*

Pants

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2001
the question is, can they (westlake) apply some leverage to the boys at IG in order that we dont have to wait for Unreal 2 to be a passé game on the net before it gets a mac release? Online gaming sucks plums when everyone else has a 6 months head start... :(

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
In fact, it IS the original UT game, but startup time has been significantly increased! Under 50 %!
There are minor problems, like sound and mouse sensitivity, but all in all this version rocks. Still it is not stable, after some 5 to 10 min. of playing, the game freezes on my machine :(
Performance seems to be the same just as under OS 9. Now thats something remarkable!

unclepain

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Va Beach VA
it worked for me today!

FInally got UT running on my G4 in OSX! Ran it all during lunch on our network with several other PeeCee users and at least it doesn't freezeup anymore like the previous Beta. The mouse is still too squirley. I lower the sensitivity, but the movement isn't consistent. Sometimes it just takes off on me. THe sound thing is a drag, but not the end of the world. At least they are still working on it.
Uncle Pain- Out.
<goes back to polishing his Flak Cannon>

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by GPTurismo
It amazed me how Westlake is quickly going from premiere OS 9- programmers to premiere OS X programmers.

They are proving to be a very excellent development house and I am so proud they are developing for the OS I love, OS X...

*wipes away tear*

Well, I'm glad they're making the move. And they are masters of porting to OS 9. But I am much more impressed by the technical capacity of OmniGroup and id as far as developers of OS X apps.

I think there's more skill and vision there.

blakespot

U

Unregistered

Has Glenda had her/his penus.app removed yet or his he still a dude in a dress?

evanmarx

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2001
Switzerland
whehhahh

so ... i installed UT for X on my DualGig that I received this morning ... and the performance is pretty heavy ...

i pumped resolution up at 1280x1024 with 32bit and it was faaaast ... well what i mostly missed was a right mouse button and the weapon changing scrollwhell, so i got fragged pretty heavily ... but the apple mouse looks pretty

still loading the game takes ages ...

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Yee Haw!

Beauty. It runs! It runs I say! And it's stable. It loads fast, but the framerates are only a bit better than in 9. But this is good! Keep those updates coming!