Utah man accused of threatening to kill members of Congress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Jun 7, 2019.

1. eatrains macrumors 6502

https://www.apnews.com/717675623fe64e74a88273826e271779

The age of weaponized Trumpism...

2. raqball macrumors 68000

3. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

4. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that is what the second is about, who defines what tyranny is other than you? look at post 2, the guy did something about it .

7. raqball macrumors 68000

You said:The age of weaponized Trumpism.

Care to defend that statement or 4 posts in are we already at the smoke and mirror stage? If so, I am out...

Your statement is demolished with the one name I listed in post 2...

8. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

And Bernie condemned it. Why does Donnie refuse to condemn his violent followers?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2019 ---
    Yeah, demolished. Meanwhile Trump fans are mailing bombs to journalists and running people over.

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m pretty sure with some convicted hackers they are denied access to the internet for a set timeframe as part of their punishment. I think it’s time this gets applied to other crimes and proven mental illnesses. If not complete denial of access, then some kind of net nanny software that blocks certain types of content. Also stiff penalties if they are caught accessing it through other means that can’t be controlled.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

And? There are nuts on both sides... How does that prove your ----> The age of weaponized Trumpism statement? Back it up or seek cover... Since smoke, mirrors and cover are already the norm here, I am out as I am not interested in the standard games today, sorry..

11. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I know, both sides, deflection, yadda yadda. Meanwhile a Trump fan parroting rightwing talking points has been arrested for threatening the lives of Democratic senators.

12. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Trumpism? I would have loved to discuss this with you. But Trumpism??? Didn’t a Bernie supporter shoot up and almost killed a conservative congressman during a congressional baseball practice? You can blame the president IF only the left is receiving death threats. I’ll give you some credit there. Remember though, there is another political party on the other side that experiences death threats as well. But again, Trump.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Must be an extra dose of TDS in the air today.... :eek::p

14. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Are you flouncing or are you not?

15. raqball macrumors 68000

With the person ducking for cover? Yes....... But I would not call it flouncing and would say it's more along the line off not interested in the standard games..

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

American media is a cancer to free thinking. the 2nd does not just apply to politicians . but again YOU define what that means and what YOU want to do about it.
    you reap what you sow. news at 11.........

17. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't a Trump supporter mail bombs to journalist and another kill someone at the Unite the Right rally? Why are you desperate to excuse this guy's actions?
    The only derangement here is the guy threatening to cut off the heads of Democrats.

18. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I condone all threats from both sides. This isn’t a Trump thing.

19. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Same Ad Hominem attacks, Ad Nauseam, of a political leader and their supporters. Which violence happens on both sides and the "Our side does it less" forth coming is just a deflection.

20. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, definitely strange how whenever a Trump nut gets arrested, suddenly it's BUT BOTH SIDES deflection instead of universal condemnation. The right refuses to acknowledge the dangerous elements in their party that are stoked and encouraged by Trump, Fox News, etc.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

do YOU acknowledge the republican shooter? do you acknowledge antifa? do you acknowledge they are they part of your "side"............

22. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Unless you can prove a conspiracy between the supporter and Trump as some "Charles Manson" syndrome. I don't think anyone needs to apologize for anything they didn't do or conspire someone else to do.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

come'on, I wanted him to apologize for antifa AND the guy who shot republicans :p

24. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I’ll add to this.

The ones that are violently attacked because of a red MAGA hat?

A child getting smeared on the MSM because of ****** reporting. All because he was white and wearing a red MAGA hat?

An actor that ruined his career by staging a racial attack? I wonder what race and political party Jussie was trying to portray?

Look, both sides have their flaws with idiotic followers. There is no getting around it. However, there is no reason to try and outweigh the other and blame one person (trump) for it.

25. eatrains thread starter macrumors 6502

"He told a staffer for an unnamed senator in September 2018 that there were “far more Second Amendment people than whiny, crying liberals,” the documents said."

I do remember Trump saying the "Second Amendment people" could do something, and he refuses to condemn their attempts.