Vaja Limited Black n Red case for iPhone 3G is back in stock!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cheapa55, Sep 16, 2008.

1. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

For anyone who's been waiting, it's back in stock. I just ordered one. $97 shipped, with immediate shipping.

2. urraca macrumors newbie

Damn,

I missed it :(

Anyone know if they plan on releasing more?

3. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What? they are out already? I wonder how many people here purchased one as no one replied to this thread. :(

I'm sure they'll come out with more since it was out for a while and it came back in stock on the 16th. Just have to be patient. You can email Vaja to see when they plan to get more. I actually emailed them a couple of times before they said they would be coming out with more the next morning (but it didn't come out until 1 wk after they said it would).

Good luck!

4. Abelos macrumors newbie

I managed to get one ordered.

After debating on the SP and the GT for a while, I ultimately decided that getting the Black 'n Red would be best. For one thing, it would be excruciating to wait a month to have the SP or GT made and secondly, the leather on the Black 'n Red looks like it has more texture to it which will give it a better feel in your hand unlike the smooth textured leather used in the other models. Now they have the Stripes model that just seems a bit much for my tastes.

Now I am eagerly awaiting that leather smell I keep hearing about when I open my box in a couple of days.

5. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone that has this BnR model use any protective shield? On the website it states, it cannot be used to one. Just wondering since I currently have BG skin on mine.

6. ehong1805 macrumors newbie

i also ordered one on 17 sept. in fact i have checked the website everyday and finally get it ordered on that day when it was back to stock without 2nd thought. i believe that the stock still available and go get one ASAP. i shall received mine on 25 sept. can't wait to get it....cheers

7. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I tried to buy for the past few days and it was out of stock but just now (9/23), I managed to catch one. Anyone who has received it, are you happy? Can you use it with bodyguardz (says you can't but just checking to see if it fits tightly or not at all).

8. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just got mine, didn't think it was worth $100. However, I'm growing on it, I'm starting to like the feel of the leather. now I also had bodyguardz until today. I used it for a couple of days with it and had no problems, it was a tight fit but it fit fine. however, I felt like i was stretching the leather and it would be too loose if I ever removed the skin. I ended up removing the skin to be on the safe side (plus my BG's corners were collecting dust).

Since it will be in the case the whole time, i figure i won't need the BG.

I'd be very happy if it was $60. for $100, I think it's overpriced. But at least its unique.

9. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

10. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

to cheapa55 ?

I am assuming you kept the bodyguardz screen protector on. Shouldn't be a problem with that..... Is there?

11. Abelos macrumors newbie

These were my sentiments exactly, when I got mine on Monday. Enjoyed the smell, then starting thinking "I paid $100 for this!!!". After a day or 2 I am beginning to appreciate it more, I took off my anti-glare screen protector and am really enjoying the security this case provides. The only complaint I can come up with is having to work out the manipulation of the flap to fit on my stand at work. Also, I opted for the belt clip option which I enjoy, but I think would rather have had a holster option.

That being said, I am happy with it and would consider buying another one in the future, perhaps when my step-son gets his iphone that way I have another excuse to buy more goodies for my toy.

12. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Correct. I kept the screen protector on since it looks perfect on there and it's easier to clean the smudges. No problems whatsoever. But at the same time, I'm sure it would be fine without a protector as well. This case does a good job with protection.

13. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Yeah. I can't wait to get the case!
    Thanks for the information. It sounds like you are happy with your case.

14. ehong1805 macrumors newbie

i got mine black and red case this afternoon as scheduled. i agreed on what cheapa55 and abelos have said. no complaint on the quality of the leather. the inside red leather looks fantastic. i think it will not nice if the inside and outside of the casing is the same color.

i kept my anti glare screen protector as well. i am still getting use to open the casing with clip. i find that need to pull a bit harder in order to open the case because it fit perfectly to the iphone.

overall, happy with this vaja case and it will be even more nicer if the price is around $50-$60. still cant believe i have paid $101 for it. haha.......

15. Abelos macrumors newbie

I think when the Black 'n Red gets back in stock I am going to order another without the belt clip and ebay the one I have with the belt clip. Nothing wrong with the one I have, but it feels like it would fit in the first gen Case Mate holster I have pretty well. I think by using the holster I'll feel like I can cheat on my belt clip from time to time if I want to and not feel guilty lol, crazy analogy but some people will understand.

16. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Hurrah, I was able to find a new in box case from someone who had ordered 2. Shipped today, so should receive by monday.

Now I will just have to return the 2 Switheasy Colors and Rebel Devil which are also on their way. :(

17. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did notice that the top flap (flaps onto phone) is lose. I can move it sideways (not a perfect fit). The bottom fits perfectly.

Anyone know what the inside is made of? I wonder if I can bend it to make it tighter. It's kinda of annoying knowing the flap moves sideways when closed.

Oh yeah, and the part that locks/flaps over the sim card slot seems to be rubbing off the sim card area causing the leather to be eaten up by the rough edge. Anyone experience that?

18. Abelos macrumors newbie

Yeah I noticed the sim card deal too, I just put a piece of scotch tape over the slot and all is good.

As far as the fit of the flap, mine does the same thing, but it is how I expected it to be. The top couldn't have been constructed with a deeper profile without covering the headphone jack and buttons on the phone, plus the flap is connected to the back by a strip of leather that will not enable it to be as rigid as we would like. IMO, the 1-3mm of sway I experience on the flap is acceptable

19. random person macrumors 6502a

I have Vaja Ivolution Top which is the same case, different leather. While there have been differing reports concerning what the case is made of (plastic? metal?) I can tell you that you CAN bend it to fit better -- especially that lip part. So if it is too loose you can bend it to tighten, or bend it slightly out to make it looser. Go ahead and try it -- you won't break it!

I actually bent it around to see if it would fit my new 3G-- which it does, but not in the exact way I would like -- and then I just rebent the case back to its original shape to put it back on my old iphone. So go ahead and experiment!

Also, can anyone comment on the "feel" of that grainy leather? The only reason I didn't order one was because I love the feel of the original smooth version -- curious how you all like the grainy version in terms of look but especially feel.

20. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Random guy! LOL. I'll try the bendy thingy but I personally like the grainy feel. It's supposed to be stronger and take a beating better (according to vaja.com) My wallet has the same type of leather so it matches perfectly.

I also tried the scotch tape over the sim card slot and it's much smoother now. Just need to find a better tape that looks less ugly. :)