Vaja Users: Please vote if you like or dislike the flip cover design

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cheapa55, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Is the flip annoying?

1. Front Flip cover is annoying. I wish I got one without it

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Front Flip is great. Protects and it's not annoying at all

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Got used to it.

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to buy a Vaja case but the one thing holding me back is whether or not to get the one with the front cover that flips down or just one without the flip (open)

2. Doju macrumors 68000

Love it. Keeps it protected, and takes half a second to bring it down, and it certainly doesn't get in the way. Hell, it even looks nice with the flap open.

Even if it wasn't at all in the way, the protection should be the main reason you're getting it ... I mean that *is* the reason for cases.

3. sjorge macrumors member

I love the flap. It protect the screen! Looks good and doesn't bother me at all.

I do use a handset most of the time though. But the times I called without a handset it didn't bother me at all.

4. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm concerned about the flap dangling when on the phone, or I guess I can flip it backwards but that also looks weird. But I haven't touched or seen one in person.

5. sjorge macrumors member

6. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Jorge for the link. I just don't see pics of people using the phone in their hands and while texting or holding while talking.

Seems like most people are happy with their purchase.

7. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Coming in late to this sorry .. my case arrived last week (boy it was hard waiting 45 days!!) and I totally love it! .. I really wanted to protect the phone but feel it's a crime to cover it all up .. I had tried the Invisible Shield but basically it makes the screen less fantastic so I didnt want it! The Vaja case lets me leave the screen 'naked' and yet gives full protection when it's closed .. I fold it over when I'm on a call and it doesn't feel too big or weird at all and it folds back really easily too .. so I'd totally recommend the flip case .. it's the perfect compliment for my 3G iPhone ..

Loopy

8. franzmueller macrumors regular

Hi

I have both; a ivolution without cover for my ipod touch and got one as well with cover for my iphone .

The reason I did it was simple cause you just can´t avoid heating the screen with something ( after almost one year using my ipod touch it has lots of scratches on the screen ) so i decided to go this time for a flip cover version .

At the end..... if you really don´t like the flip cover you can cut it off .... ( that was at least my idea ) but for the time been i am very happy with it.

Saludos

9. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys, I've decided to go with the flip as the majority seem to be happy. now if they can only get the black n red back in stock (I emailed and they said it'd be out tonight, but that was 1 wk ago, still nothing).

10. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Great, looks like I have a 50/50 chance of hating it, heh.

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

There is absolutely no reason to buy an iPhone case. Neither my original iPhone nor my 3G have even been in a case and get carried in my pocket with other things. After one year my original iPhone looked brand new. Why?

Because they have both been protected by a www.bestskinsever.com skin. and a powersupportusa Crystal Film Set. That is all you need.

Actually cases tend to allow particles of dirt to get between the case and the iPhone which ends up scratching the body of the iPhone. I sold my original iPhone to get the 3G in July and it looked like it came straight out of the box. The skin actually helped me get an even better resale price.

I've owned a Vaja case for one of my iPods and it was a nice case. They make good products. But for an iPhone - not the way I would go. Not to mention $10 shipped skin, $15 Crystal Film Set (or you can use the front that comes with the skin) is a great price, since Vaja cases don't come cheap.

12. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I ended up purchasing the Vaja black n red case. I was getting bored of the phone already so this will make it feel new again. :) I'm sure in another month or two, I'll take it off and sell the case.