value of the 1st gen down due to the 2.0 JB??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oftheheavens, Jul 21, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

has the want and value of a 1st gen gone down, on ebay, now due to the 2.0 JB?

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

I think it should've gone UP. Since now people can get even more out of those old ones on top of the No contract. ;)

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The value is going to rise slowly for a pretty long time IMO. The quantity of first gen iPhones is going to get lower and lower, because people that bought the iPhone and got the 3G iPhone are selling them, and of course i don't think many people sell the first gen iPhone they bought from another person, so there is going to be less iPhones going around. If that makes sense.

If anything, now is a great time to sell.

4. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

the reason i ask is because i put my 1st gen on ebay last night for 300$ and no hits yet. im not looking to make a killing on it or anything but it is in really good shape, always been in a case and has a screen protector. i think where i messed up was i forgot to change my address to japan in ebay and it still says florida and the shipping cost on there are for japan...o well if it doesnt sell i will just put it back up with the correct senders address.

is there a section in macrumors for selling stuff?

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You NEVER start an iPhone auction out for $300.

Tsk tsk...

But it's okay :). I would cancel your listing, and start it at .99 cents. Make sure you do a 1 DAY auction. Put a reserve of $300 then. Don't get discouraged if it gets no bids for a few hours, it's usually the last couple hours where all the action happens.

6. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Cool thanks for the advice. I am going to change that asap

7. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

You should lower the starting bid, but really the only way to tell is to keep watch on the closing auctions.

No one can tell you better then the source, how much they are selling for.