Vancouver, B.C.

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by spader, Jul 28, 2010.

1. spader macrumors newbie

Anybody headed out to either Oakridge Mall or Pacific Mall? I'm thinking of lining up at 5:00AM. Crazy?

OAKRIDGE MALL
    Since White Spot opens at 7AM, I'm assuming the front doors will be open. Does anybody know if they still have the inner gates closed during that time? Would there be another entrance that's closer and open early?

PACIFIC CENTRE
    In terms of Pacific Centre, not a clue. I'm assuming that they may open the doors near Aritzia, since that's the closest entrance there.

Hopefully the lineups won't be (Olympics Superstore @ the Bay) busy, but it should be fine since I work at 2:30.

2. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Swung by Oakridge just after the mall closed at 9pm. There were about 20+ people lining up outside at the back entrance by Kin's Farm Market.

3. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

Pacific Centre

I spoke with an employee at the Apple Store in Pacific Centre a couple minutes before they closed and she said they already had about 70 people in line! She wasn't sure what the situation was like at the Oakridge store but she said she'd heard of a bunch of people heading over there.

m&c

4. F430 macrumors newbie

I'm gonna line up at 6 am at Oakridge center in hopes of finally getting the phone. If anyone is doing the same and you spot a fellow in a purple hoodie and a unibody macbook, come say hi!

5. okboy macrumors regular

Lining up at 5AM is not crazy at all. I lined up at Oakridge at some time past midnight and it was a very big line. I have pictures and video somewhere. That was for the iPhone 4S.

If anyone wants to do a meetup for the 5S/C, I'm down. I won't be going that early cause I won't be buying from the Apple Store, but I'll be at Oakridge.

6. okboy macrumors regular

I only got a view of the line this time around 7:30AM, after everyone had been moved inside. I went to a carrier store (shame on me) and they told me they had only 3 iPhone 5S's. T-H-R-E-E. All Space Grey. I was kinda peeved but loved the phone so far.

[​IMG]