Vancouver Canuck's fans go ******* after they lose Stanley Cup

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Pink∆Floyd, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Pretty epic stuff, didn't know Canadians were capable of such epicness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts?

MoreEpicPics

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I don't think this is the first time. I remember seeing some of the same after the NY Rangers beat the Canucks in 1994.

4. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

In a city of a couple million you are bound to get a few bad apples. Rev up the tribal hype machine for a few weeks, it was really getting ott, and throw in some alcohol and the end result was inevitable. Some folks should just get a grip.

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

To be honest, this makes more sense than when teams win championships and start setting stuff on fire.

7. leekohler, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

As a hockey player myself, I can assure you guys that no one on that team in Vancouver is proud of this. This is just a shame.

I saw this kind of thing happen in Chicago year after year when the Bulls won championships during the Jordan era in the 90s. They were never our finest moments. It was awful. I used to have to go out and sit on my car amidst gunfire to make sure no one jumped on it until 4 in the morning. I will never understand why this goes on.

We humans play games out of love of the game (for the most part) and because they're fun. When we win, it's great and all. But when we lose is when we really learn. It's when we lose that we learn our most important lessons. When we win is when we have finally learned those very lessons.

In short, we win when we deserve to win- no sooner, no later. I would be willing to bet that everyone on the Vancouver Canucks realizes this.

Having played hockey for the short time I have (since January), I have met the most incredible people I've ever met in my life- supportive, kind, helpful and caring- never a negative word. I have never experienced this in any sport other than hockey. No matter what you may see on the ice, hockey players have a lot respect for each other at the end of the day. We might beat the hell out of each other out there, but once we step off the ice, it's respect and admiration (for the vast majority of us, there will always be a few bad apples, and we tend to discard them). That is the very reason I fell in love with hockey. It is a nasty, rough game and we get hurt- a lot. I've had countless injuries. But we always compliment each other afterward. Talking to the opposing team after a game for me, has always been important, especially if we lost to them.

The fans displayed the exact opposite after this game. They made a mockery of the game. It makes me sad, because this is not what hockey is about at all. It's about doing your best. And if your best isn't good enough at the time, so be it. There's always next time. And if you're smart, you take those lessons to heart and learn from them, rather than throwing a fit and learning nothing.

8. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Because their team lost.

To Americans.

Then you'd think the police would have been better prepared this time.

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

10. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Christ. I never understood what makes people do this, especially when it's just a sport.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

To a team that has been around twice as long as they have. Original six baby.

Notice how there wasn't any problems in Boston last night. I was there, across the entire city there had to be at least a couple hundred thousand people in the streets... only 7 arrests.

Meanwhile, more than 100 arrests and 150 injuries in Vancouver...

12. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I was sorta expecting Vancouver to be like "it's all cool man! got any weed?"

You know, like every other single day of the year?

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Because however much you like to construct those neat little boxes, people are people wherever you go.

14. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Whenever there's trouble at the rugby here, there are people who pin the blame on those pesky soccerball fans – they dress as rugby fans to cause trouble, you see.

As such, I think we can firmly lay the blame for the Vancouver violence on soccerball fans. No, really.

15. Peterkro, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

No,no it's the usual suspects:

"When a large number of criminals and anarchists have a common purpose and intent to break the law, it’s very difficult to stop that,”

Read more: http://www.vancourier.com/Police+ch...Stanley+riot/4959890/story.html#ixzz1PVzDlmmg

It's always your black clad Anarchists usually six of them on motorcycles.

A selection of further inanities:
    The combination of certain Canucks fans – admittedly a small minority – a handful of professional anarchists and highly charged hockey games don’t seem to be a good mix.

Police chief vows to nab 'anarchists'

VPD Chief Constable Jim Chu held his own press conference Thursday morning at police headquarters. He told reporters that “anarchists” were responsible for starting the Wednesday night riots, and he brandished a confiscated gas mask, ostensible proof that an organized front had prepared for and then highjacked post-game events.

Yet we're unable to control hoodie-wearing "anarchists" who think it's cool to assault porta-potties,

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

six of them on a motorcycle??????
    :eek:

17. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn straight. That's how anarchists really show their wild side. Total disrespect for road laws. They often don't even wear helmets. Pretty badass.

18. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

BTW is that Michael Cera holding the **** Boston sign?

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

20. Peterkro, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

21. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Not to excuse them at all, but this kinda happens every year to an extent, and not even with just hockey. I heard stories about riots after the NBA finals in LA last year because they were happening during E3, the world's largest video game convention. :p

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Trashy people. I don't care where you are, Canada has just as many trashy people as any other place, clearly. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad every other day of the year.

23. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage