Vancouver people rejoice: Apple store confirmed for Pacific Centre Mall

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mkelly, Nov 29, 2007.

1. mkelly macrumors regular

I was browsing Craigslist the other day and found a job posting for a Mac Genius for a new Apple Store in Vancouver, BC. While there have been indications for awhile now that a store would open up in Vancouver, this was the first time I had ever seen a location posted. Pacific Centre Mall is located downtown Vancouver, BC.

The only downside? It's a mere 3 blocks from where I live ... my wallet may never recover :D

2. ivan1234 macrumors regular

I've read about this elsewhere as well. Its mostly good news but I don't think its really a big deal for us for two reasons: the first being that we already more than enough mac retailers (i.e. all those mac retailers on west broadway and yaletown) and second, this is probably be one of those small apple stores, not one of those cool "flagship" stores you see in NY, Japan, etc.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

People in Vancouver shop?
    Weird!

I'm kidding, surely it's a big deal and I wouldn't mind having a grand opening t-shirt from it...cuz I'm kind of fond of vancouver. ;)

4. mkelly thread starter macrumors regular

True, but it'll generate more interest in the Mac amongst the "common folk" - the "common folk" being the business-types in the downtown core, at lot of whom meander around that mall during their lunch hours and would otherwise never visit a Mac reseller such as Simply Computing or Westworld on Broadway.

5. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

People of Vancouver, I believe that was a challenge! One of us *must* get a t-shirt for Jessica.

I will do my best, but can we have a backup as well?

6. trentcanuck macrumors member

I'll continue to buy from Simply Computing.

I like to support local, independent retailers, and Simply really is a very well-run store with great customer service.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

heh heh cute! Consider it a challenge then!!! :p lick

8. ghiangelo macrumors newbie

i've gotten all my stuff from Discount Mac Club. having an Apple Store is going to be cool. i hope they have lots of set ups so that the computers can be tried out. especially loaded with relevant software.

9. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cough cough cough

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttt

ya i'm effing pumped!!!!

thank friggin god!
    it's about time

10. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Yeah I just got the news from another thread and YES YEAH YAY YES YES YEAH!!!!! I really hope it'd be a big one instead of a little department store. I have enough places to get my iPods and Macs anyways, but I'm hoping the Apple store would have way more selections on accessories than BB or Future Shop.