Vanessa Trump Files For Divorce

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Vanessa Trump, who once called don jr: the one with the retarded dad, filed for divorce today.

“Vanessa Trump filed for divorce against her husband Donald Trump Jr. late Thursday in Manhattan Supreme Court.

The president’s daughter-in-law filed for an uncontested proceeding, meaning she’s not expecting a legal battle over custody of the couple’s five children or their assets.

They were married in 2005.

Page Six first reported that they were struggling with marital problems related to Don Jr.’s travels and controversial tweets.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesi...p-files-for-divorce-from-donald-trump-jr/amp/

2. 0007776 Suspended

Now waiting for Melania to get fed up and file for one.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Are you implying that a divorce court would or should keep someone in a marriage they no longer want to be in?

Note she isn't contesting any legal battles; if he wants the kids and the money, he could have them.

BL.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

There's almost no chance he'll want the kids. He's his father's son.

5. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

A women can only stand so much bullsh#$ before they run. Doesn't matter how much money a guy has.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

This guy looks like an absolute d-bag just like his father, she knew what she was getting in to, but the dollar signs won out. I guess once the lure of money faded she had enough

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Oh, I agree; he'll just want the money; that's how he's raised his children (save one); a reason why they will never understand What It's Like off of Whitey Ford Sings the Blues from Everlast. He's never really know what it's like to live without the luxuries he has had.

BL.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'm saying divorce rate is 50% in US, so not sure why this is news.

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I wonder how much of this is coming from the stress of being President Trumps family?

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

50% ?

:D

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For the same reason the Bush twins were busted for drunk driving and underage at that.

For the same reason why JFK Jr. was in the news for saluting at his father's funeral.

Because he is the POTUS' child.

And actually, you've pointed out something even worse; If the POTUS and his family are supposed to be the pinnacle of our country, the fact that you point out the divorce rate of this country signifies a much bigger and systemic problem that we have. And you would think that the perfect example to follow for keeping the sanctity of family together is the POTUS (especially seeing that it's a Christian value, and he came in with the support of all of the evangelicals), but he nor his family can keep that together and working (his infidelity: see Stormy Daniels, and now Junior's issues).

Finally, trying to rationalize this by saying that half the country goes through this indicates a problem that you may have, not that this is or isn't news.

BL.

12. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Right, the president's son, who figured prominently in his campaign and shows up to support candidates, as he just did in PA, is getting divorced and it's not news. o_O If he were single and getting married, would that be news?

13. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

It obviously is news. In question is whether or not Trump Jr. and his wife deserve the derision and condemnation they are getting for making personal decisions to end their marriage. It seems that anyone related to Trump will get hammered no matter what they do or what their reason is for doing it. Hate for the Trump family has no boundaries.

14. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

The man is getting divorced and has 5 kids with his soon to be ex wife. No matter the money, his kids have to live with this and it’s no laughing matter.

15. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Asked about his views on Junior's upcoming divorce….. the President responded with a Tweet:

[​IMG]
    http://faketrumptweet.com/fake-tweet/jetdetna_ho8vdn_1buhuzd
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2018 ---
    We can only dream that Melania would divorce him while he's a sitting President. Now that would call for lots of popcorn!

16. 0007776 Suspended

Also since he is a president from the party that claims to be for "family values".

17. Solomani, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018

Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

You're correct, there is unlimited hatred towards the Trumps. But maybe that would never have been the case if Trump himself did not make a career of mocking, bullying, deriding others, as well as his penchant for making TONS of enemies (from Hollywood celebrities to DC politicians, feuding with fellow Republicans, and even picking a fight with Gold Star families).

18. Zenithal macrumors 604

My initial reaction: "He was married?"

19. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I guess it's possible. I would say she knew what she was signing on for, but that probably ended with the election.

20. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Surely not for good old “Christian family values” republicans? I thought divorce was for heathen democrats who don’t value the sanctity of marriage?

21. mgguy, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I get why some people may hate Trump. But why members of his family? Who have they mocked, bullied, or derided?

22. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Well, Drumpf has so far shown himself on countless occasions to be a prime example of most things that are wrong with the human species, and since he is of course the leading face of the family, I see it as a logical outcome. Jr. seems to be as bad as him, and since Melanie appear to support him, well, it just emphasizes the point.

23. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

It's all because y'all let us gay folk get married. </s>