Vanity Fair: Is Hillary’s E-mail Nightmare About to Explode?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, May 13, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Ultra pro-Hillary VF is very worried about Hillary's email scandal.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Only in your dreams. Sorry.

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I hope something happens soon. The suspense is killing me.

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

Lol. I love this article, full of misleading innuendo. One example:

The article breathlessly states:

The same day, The Washington Post reported that top Clinton aide Cheryl Mills and her lawyer had walked out of an interview with an F.B.I. investigator when she was asked questions “that her lawyer and the Justice Department had agreed would be off limits.” ​

Any reasonable person reading that would think "Oh, the FBI is expanding the scope of what they're investigating!" Then you click the WP link and find this:

The questions that were considered off-limits had to do with the procedure used to produce emails to the State Department so they could possibly be released publicly, the people said. Mills, an attorney herself, was not supposed to be asked questions about that — and ultimately never was in the recent interview — because it was considered confidential as an example of attorney-client privilege, the people said.​

IOW, the FBI was asking her to break attorney-client privilege - something that could get her disbarred - and something they had previously agreed not to do. Furthermore, the VF article conveniently doesn't let readers know that the WP article continues directly from the excerpt above to say:

So far, investigators have found scant evidence tying Clinton to criminal wrongdoing, though they are still probing the case aggressively and charges have not been ruled out, U.S. officials have said.
    But Vanity Fair got what it wanted - click-bait for gullible, hapless dupes.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure they will come out saying there are no charges soon. The headlines are coming up because both sides are decided and now that there isn't a good chance for a contested convention for the Republicans Clinton's emails make for more interesting headlines than the usual coverage of third parties this time of the election season.

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The longer it lasts, the longer Bernie will remain in the race. It's amusing how the Democratic establishment is trying to shame Bernie into dropping out, trying to put the Ralph Nader label on him by saying he could be responsible for electing a President Trump. Bernie-to his credit-scoffs at such transparent dirty tricks.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bernie for Democratic Presidential Candidate!

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Did Clinton setup a personal server and store confidential information on it in an insecure manner or not? Seems pretty open and shut to me. She is either a criminal (laws don't require intent) or an incompetent retard. Either one disqualifies her from office, in fact we should ask for a refund for her time at the state dept.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Since when did being an incompetent retard disqualify anyone from a government position?

10. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

Billary err I mean Hillary has so many scandals before this email scandal that nothing will come out of this. Hillary is either made of teflon where nothing sticks or she has some dirty pictures of someone in a high position that she uses as leverage. :D

11. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Even the Huffington Post has caved in and revealed a concern regarding Hillary. Perhaps they're just protecting their position in the unlikely event that the truth about this nasty white lady surfaces.

As much as I would like to see justice served on this nefarious female, her power to hide is just amazing.

12. Robisan macrumors 6502

They'd have to expel the entire Freedom Caucus from Congress.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well no, since he already stated he was staying in until every state has voted. Thus there is nothing to stay in "longer" for. However if he is unable or unwilling to rally his supporters to not stay home or vote for Trump, then yes, Trump could win.
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2016 ---
    Then I guess you are voting for no one in November or throwing away your vote on a third party, because Trump's fraudulent "university" makes him a criminal, and he's done more than enough things to demonstrate his incompetence.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't vote in US elections.

I also wasn't aware of any FBI investigations into the criminality of Trump's "fraudulent" university, Hillary on the other hand... FBI is all over her.
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2016 ---
    I applaud you for this point.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Whew! :D

It never ceases to amaze me how people that don't vote/can't vote/live elsewhere still chime in on U.S. elections. I don't comment on elections occurring in other places. I would find it quite strange to do so. I can barely keep up with my own country's election, much less the elections of other countries.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

I like your work, but words like nefarious remind me of a Batman movie. :D

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

And president Rump is what we deserve for running Hillary Clinton

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I can vote, I don't live in the US so I choose not to. If I ever decide to move back it would be nice if the country wasn't insolvent due to clown management though.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It should, that would be the best way to clean house in Congress.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Will Trump release his tax returns at the same time the news about the e-mail issue with Hillary is resolved? A good day to bury bad news....

21. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Trump has already stated he will release his tax returns at the end of the currently active IRS audit.

No one who is voting for him will care what's in them either way.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Maybe she will release her 250k speech transcripts.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, I know. It might be good for illustrating some double standards.

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

Has there ever been a presidential candidate of interest to the FBI?

And was Clooney's gala more for a defense fund war chest?