VanityFair: Hillary Clinton Could Lose the Election Because Millennials Don’t Like Her

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Jess13, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary Clinton Could Lose the Election Because Millennials Don’t Like Her

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/hillary-clinton-millennial-voters

If Hillary Clinton loses the election to Donald Trump, it will be because young people didn’t vote for her. That’s not to say that they like Trump—on the contrary, polls show millennials dislike the Republican nominee by historic proportions. About two-thirds of young voters say he is unqualified to be president, racist, and biased against women. But instead of voting for the one candidate who can beat him, large numbers of millennials are planning to vote for third-party candidates who have no chance of accomplishing anything, except perhaps tipping the scales for Trump. According to one recent Quinnipiac poll, 29 percent of likely voters between the ages of 18 and 34 would rather vote for the libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, and 15 percent say they will vote for Green Party candidate Jill Stein. Clinton received just 31 percent support in the poll—more than Trump’s 26 percent, but far below the numbers she needs to ensure a comfortable margin of victory.​

Hillary’s millennial support collapsing harder than Hillary collapsed at Ground Zero.

killary.jpg

MSNBC tries to deceive their viewers, showing Trump losing younger support. When the actual data shows ONLY Hillary lost younger support, while Trump, Stein and Johnson all gained.

MSNBC Fakes Poll Numbers To Show Trump Losing Ground With Millennials

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/20/m...w-trump-losing-ground-with-millennials-video/

MSNBC fakery

Screen-Shot-2016-09-20-at-9.51.39-AM.jpg

Quinnipiac factual

Screen-Shot-2016-09-20-at-9.55.31-AM.jpg

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

the dems pretty much slapped the millenial vote away when the DNC rigged the election , you reap what you sow.

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

DNC: “We know you only support Bernie not Hillary, but we’re going to feed you this shitsandwich anyway. Now vote for the shitsandwich.”

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If you have to eat a shitsandwich best not to nibble it.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The real scary part is these Millennials are NOT going to forget how they got pooped on by the DNC.

One compelling 3rd party candidate could suck in enough millennial support to crush the DNC over the next 3 presidential elections.

There will be a reckoning. GOP is borderline sunk, but the DNC is going to be in the same position within a generation.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The Dem bench has been suppressed but they have some talent that will sure God pop up next time around. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clinton primaried. Heh, to run against whom, that's the question. The Republicans have really gutted themselves this time.

Why do I end up arguing with you tonight. Everyone else gave up and went to sleep? Usually I agree with about half of what you post anyway. I'm shall leave the floor to you now. Don't let the bad guys win.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

OP, should join Hillary Clinton's campaign. He keeps us inform on all the latest Clinton news. :)

8. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I wouldn’t want to get the Seth Rich treatment.

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

Pretty much this:

The Kids Today

The savvy thing for liberal pundits to do is to write think pieces that millennials will never read about how stupid millennials are for considering voting for 3rd parties, even though millennials (according to polls) are voting for Team D in a higher proportion than any other age group. Amazingly they figured that out without the sage wisdom from their elders, who are voting for Trump. Stupid Kids Today!

So apparently the Kids Today are going to save us from Trump, but damn Those Kids Today with their iPods and their hippity hop and their snapfacing!!! Not enough of them are voting for Clinton!!!

Hope I die before I get old. Oh well, too late.

Anyway, The Kids Are Alright. If people want to start hectoring generations, hector the ***holes that are actually going to vote for Trump. I admit those "Why We Are The Worst Generation" essays are a lot less fun to write than the "Kids Get Off My Lawn" essays, but in this context, at least, a bit more accurate.​

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Don't blame young people for not supporting a terrible candidate. Blame the old ****s for nominating a terrible candidate to begin with.

13. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Anyone that thinks about a primary against Hillary is going to commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head two times a bag over their face.

And truth is, people like Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders are really rare in this game. Not many people have an interest in reigning in the animal because they are bought. It wouldn't surprise if the next election was all establishment types.

14. Herdfan macrumors 6502

First off, does anyone really like HRC?

I read an article a couple of weeks ago (can't find it now) that talked about how Millennials are actually more conservative in some ways than previous generations. I know in my lifetime it has seemed to be each generation was a bit more liberal about some things than previous ones, but the Millennials may break that.

There, fixed it for you. :)

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh, if Kaine ends up in the catbird seat in the oval office that would be fine by me. He'd be good for two terms. Honestly to me the way things have been going, it's a tossup whether Trump or Clinton might be impeached first after landing in offfice; the main difference is it's possible a Republican would be first off the bench to impeach Trump. I'd probably be annoyed more by impeachment of Clinton because I'm sick of hearing about emails and Libya... and I think they're both largely partisan overkill. Not that they don't involve valid concerns, just that they're overblown.

On your other points in that post although they weren't addressed to me. I think you're right about some millenials being more conservative than previous generations. I see that in my own extended family. Not sure whether it's related to doubt about "the track" the country's on (whatever that has been and it's arguable anyway) or more about their own circumstances and not wanting to get into more debt, including more debt that jacks up their taxes. Those concerns are certainly understandable.

Millenials have the weight of the social contract on them for the boomers retiring and they see Congress not even kicking the medical care costs can down the road, just ignoring it while talking about repealing ACA instead of fixing it. The millenials don't want to go bankrupt from catastrophic illness but they don't want to pay for every neurotic boomer's WebMD-induced twitch either. I'm not sure they care which way the political spectrum shifts as long as gridlock stops being a pretend answer. Sometimes a Congress actually has to put the country in front of politics. A hefty shove in either direction might be a good thing. Moving left is scary because of debt implications so I would not be surprised to see some swing to center right from center left. Not to the far right, in fact those guys I see as endangered. They could help Paul Ryan but they proved fanatical in Boehner's reign, so they'll likely again prove unherdable and make Ryan's job almost impossible. That eventually means they'll be primaried out or defeated by Democrats. Voters tire of gridlock and cliff-walking fiscal default scenarios.

I might be a conservative if I were 30 years old today, but not on the social side of things. On that point though, millienials may be somewhat more conservative about abortion than their elders. Millenials may pay closer attention to birth control than young adults of previous generations. Contraceptives are varied and more available, morning-after pills help manage the "hmm i didn't mean to.." -- but the downside there is that clinic closures have jacked up the maternal mortality rate since those clinics provide not only abortions but affordable prenatal care. Texas seems to be hell bent on proving that the past few years.

16. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Will a woman who is "private", introverted, and "cool", ever be elected? Voters demand that female candidates navigate a narrower range of traits -- to be seen as strong and competent leaders, yet warm.

https://psmag.com/masculine-traits-look-good-on-female-candidates-165b22b20d20#.bk2a0554g

https://psmag.com/hillary-clinton-a...ng-gender-stereotypes-e0efc8dde202#.jzywdlyfz

Clinton may be too cold for people's sensibilities, but, I do find it frightening that the candidate rated least honest in all surveys against all candidates has gotten away with attacking everyone else as dishonest.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That would surprise me. The forces that created Trump and Bernie aren't going away. In fact, the outsourcing, the offshoring, the porous borders, the endless wars, the avarice and greed--all of those will get worse under Hillary. The pressure will increase and 2020 could very well see insurgents rise in both parties. I easily see Hillary successfully primaried, or her decrepitude reach such levels that it's impossible for her to run for a second term. Under any scenario she is a one-term president.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

A lot of attitude on export of manufacture has been shifting since at least the end of Obama's first term when companies were starting (necessarily) to look at every cost and to find handholds back up after the crash. I found this piece (long but worth reading) fascinating in detailing revelations that have caused a gradual shift away from what was maybe a faddish rush to outsourcing and offshoring to begin with.

It's a look at GE and their re-think on just the expense, for instance, of making everything elsewhere and carting it back over here only to deal with quality issues.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Big money most certainly has wheels in motion to get astroturfing and fake populism candidates groomed and ready to appeal to millennials and Gen-X voters.

In the same way the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street were a reaction to Wall Street Bail outs, but absorbed into the establishment, the same is highly likely for everyone running in the next election.

20. Herdfan macrumors 6502

They will be fanatical with Ryan as well. But here is the problem, just as there is a group of the far right that won't budge on their principles, there is a group of center Dems that might find some of Ryan's plan palatable, but won't budge because of party. I respect someone who won't budge based on Principles, but not because of party politics. We need a middle party.