vBulletin® sucks!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by l'homme, May 18, 2008.

1. l'homme macrumors member

I redacted a very long reply to support a newbie and when click Submit Reply the system asked me to log-in when I was already logged.

I lost all the text.

I'm too dissapointed with forum's architecture!

I'm too mad! :mad:

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

It wasn't there when you hit the back button?

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that your session timed out and took your post with it, l'homme.

Are you on a public computer or one shared with people you don't trust? If so, you should click any button (e.g., Preview Post) now and then so your session doesn't time out. I find it useful to preview posts every paragraph or two anyway.

If you are a personal computer, there's a better solution. Check the "Remember Me?" checkbox when you log in, and you will no longer have this problem because your session won't time out.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I don't have the remember me checked, and I have yet to run into that issue.

Even if my session times out during an edit, it just asks me to log back in when I hit submit.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I usually select everything and copy it before I submit a reply, just in case something messes up.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Best way to go about it. I've found Safari keeps text for me though, IE rarely does.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's the internet, things do go wrong from time to time, this doesn't make vB suck. It's easily the best forum software out there.

8. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Especially since it's not a vB issue, it's a browser issue. If you use a browser that doesn't suck, you won't lose text. You can just hit the back button.

--Eric