Vegan Activists Confront Family Fishing For Dinner At Florida Lake

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 16, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

This group is irritating. I hope businesses starts to prosecute this group for every instance like Chick-fil-A.

3. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully next time the headline reads: "Animal rights activist gets knocked the **** out after harassing a family fishing in a lake"

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks for explaining why you have a Trump Avatar. :D Note: While I might entertain the vegan message, I don't support this method if this is their primary way of trying to change minds.

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Many years ago I was at Disney World waiting in a huge group to board a boat. (I can't remember the Disney park.)

Anyway the gates opened and we all moved forward walking over a long bridge that emptied at the boat's brow. I don't know what triggered this really tall guy beside to me to get pissed, but he shouted "hey hey hey" and put is hand on my shoulder (deltoid) to shove me. I was just minding my own business. He must have been off balance to start with because when he tried to push me I didn't even move but he nearly fell over himself. It happened so quickly I didn't even know what was going on.

So I pointed at him and said, "if you push me one more time, I'll pick you up and throw your ass in that water!" He stood there with a wtf look on his face and I walked away like a boss. lol I hate public ***holes.

7. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This is a good point. There are actually some good, reasonable arguments for a vegan diet, or even just cuttting back the amount of animal products one consumes. Yet, these failures are choosing to irritate the people who's minds they want to change instead of putting forth these valid arguments.

Why not just stand there and hand out copies of Forks Over Knives...far more effective and way less obnoxious.

8. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

People may be vegans how much they want,but trying to force their opinion on others that's done nothing illegal is wrong. Let everybody live their life as they wish,as long as people do not hurt others.

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Killing fish is wrong. Fish feel pain and have emotions, just like humans. That is a scientific consensus. This family has the right and responsibility to protect the fish. Sometimes things have been legal that are not just, like not letting women vote and slavery.

Anyone who doesn't see this is ignorant. I can't believe how close minded everyone is here.

Shame on the activist too. He probably killed the fish anyways chucking it 25 yards into the water.

10. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Well,I can respect your opinion,even if I do not share it. If you do not want to kill anything,and you're happy with that,I won't force you to kill a fish or shoot a deer. But just like you,I have the rights to live as my family done for hundreds of years. I accept your choice not to kill animals,and I respect your right to choose what you do,but do you respect my rights to fish in my own water,or hunt on my own land?

11. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Yeah, and it feels no pain when a pike bites half of its abdomen off and it flopping around in the water with its intestines out? Feel free to give the normal "its nature" and then add "humans are not a part of the nature since we have an active choice" respons.

Personally i think humans ARE a part of the animal food chain even though we have a choice of what we are eating.

12. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

@JesperA

I'm just repeating what I learned on YouTube.

Ok, being serious now, I had to get that out of my system. IMO harassing two guys minding their own business for fishing is ludicrous. Fish do not have feelings "just like humans" and Fishing=/=Slavery. Do plants have feelings because they grow better when exposed to music?

I don't think the world will ever accept veganism and it's a pretty stupid cause to waste your time on. In terms of animal cruelty activism, there are much bigger fish to fry (no pun intended) than two guys quietly fishing.

I too respect people's decision to not eat meat. But it's not a decision that should be forced upon anyone.

13. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

it has turned into religion just like well religion. just as annoying as another street corner preacher.

14. AsherN macrumors 6502

The activists are complete a**holes. But those 2 guys fishing are also asshats. How about you bring a cooler full of ice and put the fish int it? The cold will slow down their metabolism and not have them suffocate on a hot pier.

15. JesperA macrumors 6502a

Does that really work on fish? I know it works on crustaceans but fish? Still feels like suffering to me. A bolt stunner or neck snapper seem to be less painful

16. z970mp macrumors 6502

z970mp

And so the vegan, liberal, Tumblr, Steven Universe, anti-America, Millennial brats strike again. :D

Granted, the guys just keeping the fish on the pavement like that was a stupid move too, but that's beside the point.

Just thought I'd insert my 1 1/2 cents. Back to the PowerPC forums I go.

17. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

18. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

People like this just want to cause trouble and gain notoriety. I doubt they really even care about animals as much as they profess.

19. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

That was just pure cringe. Any group that has a team shirt and their own chant is, by default, a red flag that you're about to witness the worst in society.

I've often thought about going vegetarian. Not because I love vegetables, but strictly due to the idea that in order for me to live, something else has to die. Not a fan. And in many ways, I don't eat certain types of animals because of this, nor would I ever be able to eat anything I ever first saw alive.

The problem is I just really like cheeseburgers. So the turmoil must continue.

20. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Exactly

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah, that old saw about catching more flies with honey than vinegar is still true.

One doesn’t really convert people by haranguing them. Or by silencing them either.

Honestly though, that bunch couldn’t sell me my favorite chocolate, even if they unwrapped a piece and held it out to me while carrying on about how it’s better for me than diet soda.

22. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.1983/abstract

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Animal rights activists can be ***** sadly. I think eating less meat is good, but you don't persuade anyone with this approach.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good grief, what a bunch of idiots.

And for your amusement...

25. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Hmmmm,
    I think the Neanderthals were hunting about 250,000 years ago. Modern humans started farming about 8,000 years ago.
    Where I agree that veggies are very healthy, I feel that meat is very healthy as well. Except for seafood. That should stay in the sea.