Vegas homicidal car rampage racially motivated ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Dec 21, 2015.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

I guess at this point in time, only Lakeisha knows for sure.

I'm sure the usual suspects will slam the source, but it does appear that LE is "uncomfortable" talking about the motive right now, that in itself is telling.

``````````````````

Police “Uncomfortable” About Revealing Motive of Las Vegas Strip Killer
    Authorities refuse to specify what prompted woman to intentionally drive car into crowd

Police are refusing to reveal the motive behind yesterday’s shocking attack when a woman deliberately ploughed her car into dozens of people in Las Vegas.

The culprit responsible for the horrifying incident, which killed one person and injured another 35, has been named as Lakeisha N. Holloway.

Immediately following her rampage, Holloway drove to a nearby hotel and told a valet to call 911, explaining why she had carried out the attack, although her motive remains a mystery because police are “uncomfortable” about disclosing it, according to Fox News’ Will Carr.

http://www.infowars.com/police-uncomfortable-about-revealing-motive-of-las-vegas-strip-killer/

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

If they'd rather not comment due to a continuing investigation okay. Otherwise it's a silly thing to say because it allows imaginations to run wild.

3. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

I agree, wait for facts.
    This appears to be a bit more than speculation though at this point, which is why I posted it. Crazy black woman with a child in the car repeatedly plows into groups of pedestrians. No mechanical/medical issues so far as is known, already being charged with murder.
    It is adding up, at this preliminary stage, as an agenda motivated attack.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I was listening to the news in my car today when the report ended with, "authorities have not yet ruled out terror as a motive." This caused me to yell some bad words back at the radio.

Why? Because we get so locked into a one-track explanation for things. For a while every terrorist attack was Al Qaeda. Now every attack is ISIS. And it's gotten to the point where someone can't plow their car through a crowd of people without thinking it's a terror attack. Your racial motive is almost a quaint throwback.

Whatever happened to people just doing crazy **** because they're crazy? Just this fall a woman plowed her car through a homecoming parade and killed three(?) people. But because that incident happened two months ago, before the San Bernadino shooting, nobody leapt to the assumption that it was terror-related.

People running their cars into crowds has been going on for as long as I can remember. My suggestion is that before we leap to terror or even a racial hate crime, that we make sure the cause isn't booze, drugs, or just lunacy ... the time-honored reasons for running people down.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

6. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Fair enough citiz, it is true enough is not known at this point to come to any definitive conclusions.
    I in fact haven't come to any conclusions, I am however leaning towards an agenda motivated crime here, we will see.

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Does it change anything if she just wanted to kill a bunch of folks not her race?

8. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

I dunno, better to ask those pushing "hate crimes" legislation.
    Rarely ever works both ways. If she is tied in with Black Lies Matter or some other militant racist group, Id say sure that makes a difference.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Why?

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Cuz regular murder isn't politically affirming.

11. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I feel bad for the 3-year-old in the backseat. Imagine what that innocent kid now has to grow up with.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

For Pete sake, Infowars again? You might as well be using a checkstand tabloid as a source. Especially since they are just speculating about a paraphrased statement.

13. unlinked macrumors 6502a

People should wait for the dust to settle before they start discussing motive but it is funny how selective most people are in saying that.

14. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Why ?
    Because then there might be issues if/who influenced her, inspired her, perhaps ordered her from within that militant, hateful group.

Saw you coming a mile away, and this is the 1st day I have ever posted or even browsed in this section.

Anyhow, a Fox news reporter [Gasp, another tabloid source right ?] said:

"Sheriff: not comfortable disclosing what driver said about why she crashed into so many people on Las Vegas Strip"
    https://twitter.com/WillCarrFNC/status/679003688577269760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And that, for now, is what I'm basing my preliminary assessment on that this was agenda motivated, and likely racial.
    I may be wrong, if I am I will come straight up and say so - Can the same be said for you ?

15. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Never stopped Obama.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I find it interesting. Infowars published crazy **** and the right wing press laps it up. Personally, I think it's all Obama's fault.

18. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Oh you mean mass shootings? With 274 of them in 294 days in 2015 alone, when exactly does the dust settle?

19. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

When I saw this title that had absolutely nothing to do with Obama I wondered how long it would take someone in here to blame him. Frankly I was surprised it took so long.

[​IMG]

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

check the batteries in your Ironimeter. You are shooting at the wrong target...

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. And she's black!

Also possibly a Muslim if the Inquisitir is to be believed.

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Dude, at the risk of turning this into yet another 9/11 thread, Infowars is run by a conspiracy theorist. If you want to use the Fox reporter twitter post then use the Fox reporter twitter post. It lacks context and looks more like a paraphrasing than an actual quote, but at least it doesn't have the connotations that Infowars has.

24. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I wonder if she comes from a wealthy family. If so, she only killed one person, so she'll be able to get off. If more of the injured die, she'll have to serve probation. I understand that's how it works these days.

I wish I could claim affluenza.

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Why you wanna kill people too?