Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney

This is a pretty objective review and definitely raises concerns regarding FaceID accuracy in outdoor light
You’ve made enough posts now. We get it, you’re happy with your iPhone 8 and don’t regret a thing...

If you’re not buying a phone with FaceID why devote so much time to it? That’s not a rhetorical question by the way, from your previous posts you struggle with how they work.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All of the OP posts are X negative. Just like a post where he said the X would be a market flop. He’s just kicking himself because he bought an 8 when he truly wishes he would have held out for an X. Only way to justify his mistake is to criticize the X constantly.
What's rather interesting (in a rather ironic way) is one comment that was made in another iPhone X thread a little while back:
Lmao the amount of people on these forums who comment just for the sake of self validating commentating . I’ve seen a few forums where it seems like there are just trolls hanging around all day looking for things to dispute

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
How about this Oplix, all those reviews released yesterday, if you can find ONE that says the 8 is the better phone then you win.
[doublepost=1509521944][/doublepost]You bought a phone objectively worse than the iPhone X and you spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on it. Only you have to live with this fact.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
If you watch the video he tried to unlock it while holding the phone at his waist.

Yeah yeah yeah, he's holding it wrong jokes.

But he is, for want of a better phrase, holding it wrong!

Last edited:

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland

This is a pretty objective review and definitely raises concerns regarding FaceID accuracy in outdoor light

you just like to create posts, and use the word "objective" and then never respond again :)

most of these first reviews show really no problem with faceId at all, and the one I've seen that made some problem, was holding it in an awkward way, that he even couldn't see the screen clearly o_O

Reactions: Aussi3 and ACST

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'm in Dubai and i've tested this out multiple times on the unit I have. Works seamlessly everytime in the sun.
And that ends this thread

Verge are the lonely ones who had an issue and since the video the guy has got blasted on twitter for how he was holding the device.

Enjoy your iPhone 8 OP

Reactions: profets

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The reality is, Face ID may not work perfectly all the time in every single situation for everyone. But the majority will likely not have any issues with it at all, which if they do, it's not anything at Apple could not improve upon to make it better updates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.