iPhone X Verizon’s Gigabit LTE network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dddennis, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dddennis macrumors newbie

According to Verizon, since Apple has neutered the X16 in it's verizon iPhone x, otherwise, it too would support the full Gigabit Class LTE speeds.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

My understanding is that the feature is inactive because the iPhone X doesn't have powerful enough antennas. Rumor has it there will be improvements in this area next year.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Link? URL?

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

5. newellj macrumors 603

I don't give a **** about gigabit LTE. I just want VZW to put enough towers up to get me from work to home with 4G coverage. We're talking about Boston, for crying out loud.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

This is why many people are frustrated with carriers today. They are busy trying to market the fastest speeds out there... and they aren't considering the most reliable network.

7. Brandonjr36 Suspended

Brandonjr36

Yup exact reason i left Verizon for AT&T. AT&T still has its problems but I do have better coverage now.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Even if one could get GB LTE, it wouldn't be noticeable, compared to regular LTE at 30 - 50mpbs.

9. DevinNj macrumors 6502

Verizon's answers to my service (or lack of) issues this past summer was that there's leaves on trees now. Really? Agter 10 yrs without issues, the best you have is leaves on trees? Sadly they are the best where I live or I'd be out.

10. newellj macrumors 603

I had corporate phones for years here on AT&T. Honestly both suck, but in somewhat different locations. You'd think I lived in the forests of Maine or the Sonora Desert. :(

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I have yet to find a spot where AT&T chokes (and I have been to NYC, a city that gave AT&T hell back in the 3G deployment days). The only times I have had my service drop is when there was an abundance of people due to an event, like Mardi Gras.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

This has been a serious point of contention for me recently since I left AT&T and had to find a replacement carrier. It just blows my mind that it's 2018 and I've been using cell phones for the past 18 years and they STILL can't figure out how to cover my drive from home to my parents' house that runs along a major highway. As mentioned, they're more concerned with covering small swatches with blazing fast data rather than getting decent coverage for the masses. It's really frustrating considering how much we're paying for this mediocre service.

13. newellj macrumors 603

Yeah. I get dropouts on the Mass Turnpike between Boston and Weston. Insane.

I have been using cellphones since the 1980s. Honestly, coverage has gotten worse, not better, or at least that's how it seems. Of course, 30 years ago one of my phones was a 3 Watt Motorola bag phone that had a foot long antenna that could warm up a hotdog on the antenna if you left the handset keyed.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
    That hasn't been my experience here. We gave up the AT&T corporate phones a year or two ago but they were no better than VZW. Pretty sad...

14. DNichter macrumors 603

DNichter

Not sure what the point of the thread is, but not worried about this at all on my end.

15. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Where in Boston? I've had both AT&T and Verizon. Never had any issues...

Verizon is (slightly) better as you move into the suburbs (Brookline, Newton, Chestnut Hill, and so on)

16. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

I've only ever had Verizon coverage issues in two areas. One was some of the freeways in the Bay Area (SF) and the other was in bumb**** nowhere in Austin. Other than that it's been flawless.